Twins

• kris_brantner
    My river

Wow… what do you think of lasts nights game? Up 12-2 at one point and end up loosing 14-13. Seemed to me like gardy was trying to save the bullpen by throwing out everyone but their two best pitchers, guerrier and nathen. They ended the game with a pretty close call, but by that point the twins deserved to loose

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

They ended the game with a pretty close call,

Actually it was a terrible call, it wasn’t even close. But like you said, they gave it away long before that play even happened. It was the worst collapse in Twins history, and that’s saying something.

Rootski

bill mitchell

actually keppel HAD a sub 1.00 era and has been on fire.your right thiough about the call and not really deserving it.

kris_brantner
    My river

If you look at the positioning of the ump at the time of the call, he would have no idea at all if he was safe or out. He was directly behind the pitcher and there was no way he could even see when his foot touched the plate compared to the tag. I hope he feels stupid. Ya he threw great the last two games. But I still dont know why he didnt just get it over with with matt or nathen

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

i didnt see it.. what happened?

Cuddyer hit a clutch 2 out double in the 9th inning and tried to score from 2nd on a wild pitch that the catcher could not find at first. Cuddyer slid in safe with what should have been the tying run and the ump called him out.
    We blew a 10 run lead and lost..

jon_wbl

Shut the TV off after the terrible call that ended the game. This morning when the TV was turned on there was a rebroadcast of Twins Live that must have aired after the game. There was a camera angle that showed the home plate ump walking away from the play and then trying to get back as Cuddy came home. I agree they gave up the game in the 5-6-7th, but to have it all end on a Sh*&%ty call was too bad

jon_wbl

Twins now have 2 of the 3 blown 10 run leads in MLB history.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

To me that game was lost right at the top, with Gardy. He left Blackburn in there to try and earn him a win by having him complete 5. If a pitcher gives up 7 runs in 5 innings on 15 hits, they don’t deserve the win.

Gardy should have yanked him after the 3rd and sent a message that we weren’t putting up with that crap. That would have saved 2-4 runs, can’t remember completely.

I could not sleep after that was over last night. Not watching tonight as it will go too late.

Eric

birddog
    Mn.

I don’t think they deserved to lose…they deserved to be tied in the 9th with a guy on third to potentially go ahead. That’s how the game played out. What a terrible call! The ump was out of position jacking around, not paying attention to what was happening on the field. He, by himself took one of the most entertaining games in baseball history and blew it!

What a great come back by the A’s though. No way I thought they could do it. What a roller coaster to watch from beginning to end.

Cuddyer was clearly safe!!

P.S. ESPN and every other sports show is all over this game, talk of video replay and this being the beginning of expanding instant replay!!

BIRDDOG

big_g
    Isle, MN

A blown call should not have decided the game…. thats why they play it, it could have been 1-0, the umpire (especially the home plate ump) should never affect a final score of any game. Yeah, the Twins blew it and probably Gardy too, but 1 bad call ended what was truely a one of a kind game…. I guarantee Oaklands players/coaches take this W with a question mark…

big G

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

To me that game was lost right at the top, with Gardy. He left Blackburn in there to try and earn him a win by having him complete 5. If a pitcher gives up 7 runs in 5 innings on 15 hits, they don’t deserve the win.

Gardy should have yanked him after the 3rd and sent a message that we weren’t putting up with that crap. That would have saved 2-4 runs, can’t remember completely.

I could not sleep after that was over last night. Not watching tonight as it will go too late.

Eric

That is EXACTLY what I was saying to my kids at that time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.