OUCH!!!

• TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

I guess a hook stuck in any body part would hurt but,…err….I mean butt. I think the hook passed through the fish’s digestive system but,got caught while exiting. OUCH!

kylem86

I caught a LM bass that had the same thing once! I think maybe they are kind of like those freak kids these days and want to have there piercings in WIERD places

thegun
    mn

and you still watch tv programs where they cut the hook and these people actually believe the fish have acids in there mouth that will dissolve hooks.

every time i hear some one say stuff like that i just shake my head!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

They obviously don’t have acids in their mouth…first of all though, why would anybody be cutting the line to a hook, if it was simply only in their mouth? You can get that hook out easy…

There are some people (DNR) who believe fish can dissolve regular hooks inside of their belly. This should be, IMO the only time to leave a hook, when it is gut hooked.

However, the data is unknown on whether coatings on hooks effect this, but it is “known” that it is almost impossible for fish to dissolve a stainless steel hook…

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Does not matter now, he found some hot troutman grease. Looks like a very nice eater…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Aren’t most painted hooks nickel plated prior to the painting process? I would think a nickel plated hook would be much more resistant to corrosion than a bronze hook and come through the digestive track of a fish showing little signs of degradation.

Cool pics regardless. I’ve caught numerous fish with mono coming out of the pooper (attached to a hook lodged in the fish somewhere) but I’ve never seen a hook hung up like that.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

i caught a smallie and a largie last year up in oneida county that had a jig coming out of the same area

wkw

Ate Mexican food last night, felt like that this morning !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.