Angler hooks live missile

• holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Here is an article from MSNBC.com, kind of wild!
    Madeira Beach, Florida – A commercial fishermen reeled in a live missile in the Gulf of Mexico and kept it on his boat for 10 days, authorities in Florida said.

Police said the boat’s captain, Rodney Soloman, hooked the air-to-air guided missile 50 miles off the coast of Panama City. The Air Force and Navy use the area for weapons training.

Soloman had the missile aboard his boat for 10 days before returning Monday to port in Madeira Beach, near St. Petersburg.

A bomb squad was called in from Macdill Air Force base and dismatled the missile in an empty parking lot.

The bomb squad said the missile was very corroded from floating in saltwater for a long time. They said it was live and in a very ustable state.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I read that on yahoo about an hour ago. CRAZY!!! I guess that is one thing that I’ve never caught before. Luck I didn’t catch it, I probably would have shot it with my 12 gauge to see what would happen.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Back in the 60’s the airforce did testing on Lake Michigan up around Manitowoc and two Rivers area. There was a comercial fisherman that netted a missle and had it rolling around in his boat for awhile…. If I remember correctly, that was around 1988 that he netted that. Imagine hitting the dettonator on a hook set

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

I read that on yahoo about an hour ago. CRAZY!!! I guess that is one thing that I’ve never caught before. Luck I didn’t catch it, I probably would have shot it with my 12 gauge to see what would happen.

holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Quote:

Now thats funny I don’t care who ya R

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

LOL!!! Steve.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I’ve caught some big “Snot Rockets”, but SHEEZE!!!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

They interviewed the guy on Channel 4 news tonight. That guy is the spitting image of Beevis. The report said the salt water had corroded the missle and they dropped it when they were unloading it. The guy was definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Probably could have been a candidate for the Darwin Awards.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I stand corrected. I’m not sure who the Beevis was on the WCCO news last night, but here is the video of the guy that caught the missile.

angler catches missile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.