windshield On or Off

• rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

i have a alumacraft 165 magnum with a steering consoule. I have been taking off my windshield when ever i trailer it with the cover. Does this make since? does anyone else do this? It is a real easy task. it only has 4 little thumb screws.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i run a 165 classic, so probably the same console as yours, and i take mine off when covering it, and i take it off when trailering at higher speeds on the highway/freeway.

i’m sure it will hold up, but like you said, its only 4 thumbscrews, and takes seconds take off/put on. and i can only imagine how much Alumacraft would whack you for a new one…

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

does it sit outside or inside?
    if outside then continue covering at the launch so your buddies can help.
    if you park in the garage i think you are wasting time.
    i have never traveled covered, partly cuz i dont have a travel cover , but i guess the only times i would, would be in the sloppy times like winter and spring with the road slop. may just be the next investment, i have the same boat, tiller though. where is your cover from, $ and likes/dislikes. Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i have a fishawk and can’t get my cover on with windshield in place. takes my less than a minuute to remove and put back on.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Had my cover made so the windsheild has to be taken off. If I pull it short distances uncovered, I will leave it on.

dea
    Hixton, WI

You are doing it correctly. It is advised to remove the windshield before putting the cover on and trailering.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I think it’s the right thing to do, would could speculate that Alumacraft never expected your boat to 70+ mph Though on my last boat I left it on for short trips on occasion, never had an issue, and Lund only uses three fasteners.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.