Boating Accident At Red Wing Dam

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Way to go Mr. StickMan (You moved up)

When I heard that on the news, I wondered if anyone from IDO helped out, and glad to hear you did everything you could. I hope it turns out well for the families.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I had just made the comment regarding how the boat traffic seemed to be relatively civil this year for the memorial weekend.

Sorry we didnt get to see ya this time Stick…but for a good reason for sure!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Awsome Stick!!! Chalk one up for the River Rats!!!

Oh my God! I found you……you are forever in my heart. You saved MY LIFE. I am Kristin, one of the 13 involved in the redwing boat accident. YOU PULLED ME OUT. I WAS GOING TO DROWN IF YOU DID NOT HELP! you ARE a hero and I must get in contact with you!!! PLEASE email me direct- [email protected]

Just saying thank you is not a big enough word for what you guys did. I am FOREVER grateful for YOU…..you ARE an angel. And if you had not been EXACTLY where you guys were at that EXACT time we all would have died! I’m crying as I write this……please contact me.

Kristin

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would say it was a higher power directing the rescue operation. You were saved for a reason, don’t waste your time on earth, help others and enjoy every minute of life.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Wow! Speechless!

Hi, yes, there was definitely Devine intervention! I will tell you this…..I was under the water….trying to find the top. I looked up and saw how deep I was. I was running out of breath and thought to myself I’m not going to get to the top…..I am running out of breath. In an instant I was above the water fighting for my life. I KNOW that by the grace of God I was gently taken in the palm of his hand and hoisted to the surface!!!! The accident completely changed my life. I have devoted myself to serving others as well as much more.

God is good!!!!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Amazing. Stickboy, there is no doubt in my mind that along with the grace of God you are the reason That people are alive today.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

@jay55447 Jay, haven’t seen you on here for awhile. Hopefully you have your email notice set up on here

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Kristin, I’ll be sending Jay a text message shortly.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS you can’t find a better guy then Stickboy.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Amazing. Jay’s a stand-up guy!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I had to read through this again. I spoke with Jay that day about this.

I was in the lock ahead of him.

It still amazes me no one died that day.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Well done stick boy. That is the type of action we need from us folks on the water. Heroic!!! To say the least!!

“To say the least!”
    I feel for you man>that is not an easy thing you did. Staying calm when panic can easily over take a person involved in life saving situations. Plus those your trying to help are already panic stricken, grasping at you, risking pulling you in with them….can be scary! You are a hero! That’s what we’re all saying here. Please accept that. You have ‘paid it forward’ in a huge way….may good things come your way…..

yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

Way to go stick boy!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m going to shamelessly plug his business here as well.

A few years back the FW wanted a new kitchen. We went to the big three in Hudson for a quote. She couldn’t get exactly what she wanted because of our budget.

I mentioned this on IDO and someone referred Jay.
    Schuurhandy Construction

Once Jay scoped out the work not only did the FW get the kitchen she wanted, Jay built an insert to recess our fridge, added a new counter top and included a built in desk. All for less then the quotes from the big box stores.

He’s been a hero in our house since then. )

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

BK,

Great plug for a Great Guy. Jay you were meant to be there that day.

Hi, thanks for your kind words about hoping we all were ok. But, with all due respect to you, sir, that accident was not all what it appeared to be. I know, because I am one of the survivors of that accident. My father in law was driving and he was not being irresponsible or careless in any way. I understand how easy it is to judge when ya hear or see something like that though. I just wanted to respectfully mention that I wish you could have had all the facts before you judge. The lock and dam had just closed. The current was very strong at that time. In fact, when we were in the water the current was so strong that it was sucking us under and we were being pushed and carried down the river rapidly. Every single person on that boat was my immediate family. Please believe me when I say he NEVER would have done anything to hurt us. It was an unfortunate accident. The real people that should be talked about in this thread, other then wishing us a safe return home, is Jay and his friends who bravely pulled us out of the water. I can’t swim….without their prompt action and good heart to help us I seriously doubt we all would have survived. Furthermore, my Mother in law and Sister in law can’t swim either. And another on that boat was already partiolly paralyzed from the waist down and can barely move his legs (without the assistants of his cane and wheelchair) out of the water- let alone in the river with the strongest tide. Again, with out Jay and his buddies…who knows. There was also devine intervention with all of us. OK, I’m off my soap box. I don’t mean to sound rude or disrespectful. I just feel inclined to defend my father in law and my whole family. )
    ***kristin

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Amen to that!!

Truly a Very inspirational story,Keep the truth in your heart.
    Forgive those who do not Know.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

[quote}
    Truly a Very inspirational story,Keep the truth in your heart.
    Forgive those who do not Know.
    [/quote]

My thoughts to the T Oneoftheblessed13.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.