Summer Fishing Done

• baldwin4
    NE IA

Well, my summer fishing looks to be done. I go in for surgery on Wednesday (27th). I have a torn rotator cuff and scrap arthritis off the collar bone on my right shoulder Could be off possibly up to 10 weeks. Then after that is healed, I have the same problem on my left shoulder. I have a feeling this is going to be painful

So everyone keep posting so I have some good reading this summer

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Damn, NOT COOL. But, you’ll be happy later on when you’re feeling better. Looks like you better at least jig with the other hand so at least you have a chance at a few fish!

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

Damn, NOT COOL. But, you’ll be happy later on when you’re feeling better. Looks like you better at least jig with the other hand so at least you have a chance at a few fish!

It will slow going. Will be riding in the boat with wife and son. Never thought of doing some jigging with the opposite arm and slow reeling with the repaired arm.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Dang Kraig, first your cruise control and now this! At least you should be good as new come ice season!!

Ed

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have been putting off the same surgery for 9 months…therapy has allowed me to keep fishing but I evenually will need the knife too…
    Hope you heal soon…

little-t
    Plymouth WI

I’ll agree–that sucks (painful), but believe me, you’ll be happy you had it fixed!

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

I have a feeling this is going to be painful

You are correct…VERY…but you will get through it!!

Good luck!!

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have been putting it off also Tom. But I was told it will just get worse and the longer you go the odds go against you full usage of the shoulder. First the doctor thought it was going to be the big incision, now it will be scoped.

Everyone says I will feel alot better once they are done. Right now it is hard to sleep, becuase they wake me up because of the pain.

Thanx everyone for the reassurance of the positive outcome

baldwin4
    NE IA

Surgery is 2:45pm tomorrow Wish me luck

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the luck everyone. Surgery ended up being longer.
    Shoulder was worse off than imagined Ended up doing a reconstruction of the shoulder. Pain levels are starting to submit. Started physical theropy the morning after surgery. The healing process begins

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.