A soso day on the water turned bad

• topdawg1817

I was out fishing yesterday on the river near Lake City. It was a decent day fishing with bringing a few walleyes. The day took a turn for the worse as we ended our day I ended up going to the ER because I was having severe back pain. Turned out to be kidney stones and got to spend about 3 1/2 hours in the ER to get things feeling better. They are not a fun thing that I would wish on anyone, but hey at least I got to enjoy the day on the water.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Yowza!!! I’ve been down that road three times. Not fun. Have you heard the plop in the toilet yet or did you get the strainer?

jerry b
    western WI

C’mon guys, I’m trying to eat dinner 3 years ago I was on Oahe and smashed my thumb between a tree and my Autopilot. (don’t ask) I feel your pain! I got better, here’s hoping you do the same jerr

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Were you pounding waves? Fished with a guy yesterday said his started giving him problems at age 25 after hammering some 4 footers all afternoon.

jerry b
    western WI

Yesterday was a beautiful day on the Croix. Monday was the brutal one. When I was on Oahe, 15 miles above Mobridge, had a boat wake wash me up against a tree, like the total dummy I get accused of being, I stuck out my hand to stop a 2000# boat from hitting it- – NOT! Funny thing that went thru mind mind- – ooohhh, that’s gonna leave a scar. my apologies for the hijack- jerr

dea
    Hixton, WI

Sorry to hear about your day. I hope you are feeling better. My husband went through this on Christmas one year. He said the pain was awful!

jon_wbl

My first trip to the ER the nurse nicely told me that she had been told the pain was worse then childbirth. At least I got the narcotics after that. It is amazing you can feel so bad for hours then they add the shot to your IV and the pain is gone before they can remove the needle.

topdawg1817

I am doing better, but have no results on passing it. They say it is only about 3mm big so should be coming out on its own. Yea, they kept telling me that it is like child birth also. They do have some great fast acting drugs so I was greatful for that one. No big rollers, just a calm day on the river, but not enough fluids so I was a little dehydrated. Doc says he sees a lot of this when the weather warms up. So to everyone out there drink plenty of water to help yourself try and avoid this painful ordeal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.