HF1132 PASSED!

• ggoody
    Mpls MN

Well well good news for all you 2 line advocates that want to fish 2 lines but are certain it won’t increase the Fish harvest…LOL

HF1132 passed both the House and Senate.

Get your $10 ready…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I think Jack Dunn just went in the ditch somewhere in Illinois. Our fisheries are done.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

so it passed, still doesn’t increase the possesion or daily limit….

orangewhip3x
    Blaine

here is the official verbiage from the bill…it is going to cost you an extra $10 for a second line assuming Pawlenty doesn’t line item veto this:

20.25 Sec. 45. Minnesota Statutes 2008, section 97C.315, subdivision 1, is amended to read:
    20.26 Subdivision 1. Lines. An angler may not use more than one line except two lines
    20.27may be used to take fish: if the angler purchases a second line endorsement
    20.31for $10.

see the following for verification: https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/bldbill.php?bill=H1132.3.html&session=ls86

timmy

Effective when? I will buy that endorsement as soon as possible.

Say hello dragging a big sucker while casting for ‘skis……..and an extra crankbait/bobber for eyes…….

As far as increasing harvest…..I hope it increases mine!

Tim

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Put the Pen to the paper, I have 10 bucks ready to go.

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

Don’t suppose it will be in the next two weeks?? Going to Winni on the 27th and would gladly pay $10.

Nut

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I think Jack Dunn just went in the ditch somewhere in Illinois. Our fisheries are done.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Don’t suppose it will be in the next two weeks?? Going to Winni on the 27th and would gladly pay $10.

Nut

Even if passed, the wheels of government grind slowly. I would not expect to see this ready until next year on opener.

I would also expect there will be a number of lakes like Mille Lacs an Winne that will be excluded.

-J.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

Nut

Even if passed, the wheels of government grind slowly. I would not expect to see this ready until next year on opener.

I would also expect there will be a number of lakes like Mille Lacs an Winne that will be excluded.

-J.

I would hope not…but you may be right.

kooty
    Keymaster

How awesome would it be to have a cork out on Sat night while bouncing a jig around the boat in the honey hole. We could be just like Chucker!

a1a

Second line endorsement??? Only in Minnesota, dang money grubbers.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I agree. Be VERY carefull how you use the term: “I’d be happy to pay…..” anywhere in Minnesota. The government just might take you up on that!

-J.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Quote:

Effective when? I will buy that endorsement as soon as possible.

Tim

it seams to read like its retro active from March 1st 2009…..AS SOON AS THE GOV. SIGNS IT

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. Be VERY carefull how you use the term: “I’d be happy to pay…..” anywhere in Minnesota. The government just might take you up on that!

-J.

Yeah like your currently “Optional” Walleye Stamp!

And not to mention the probable studies to see if fish feel pain, etc…

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

How many lines per non-licensed child < 16? Can they purchase a second line endorsement?

Need to know how many extra lighted bobbers to pick up!!

ET

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I might finally be able to toss for walleyes from shore on P2 while waiting for the clicker rod to go off

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Let the fleecing begin. And for the record, darn, I was hoping this wouldnt pass.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Does this mean I can use 3 rods on Pool 4 now

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Quote:

Let the fleecing begin. And for the record, darn, I was hoping this wouldnt pass.

The fleecing has been coming no matter what this bill did/does. The state and federal government have dug such large holes for non-revenue generating special interest groups, that a group like ours is an easy target. And will continue to be until we vote in the proper people to represent us.

jhalfen

Perhaps I’m misreading the MN legislature’s website, but it looks as though HF1132 passed the house today, and was just referred to the Senate where it was referred to the Senate’s Finance Committee:

HF1132 legislative history

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I like it!

But at what point will it be cheaper to fish without a license and eat the fine??

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Perhaps I’m misreading the MN legislature’s website, but it looks as though HF1132 passed the house today, and was just referred to the Senate where it was referred to the Senate’s Finance Committee:

Your right Jason… looks like it will sit in committee through this season anyways….. See below…..

Senate Information

NO SENATE COMMITTEE HEARING OR ACTION ON H.F. 1132

big G

a1a

Quote:

Quote:

Your right Jason… looks like it will sit in committee through this season anyways….. See below…..

Senate Information
    NO SENATE COMMITTEE HEARING OR ACTION ON H.F. 1132

big G

Well, let me rephrase my earlier statement by calling them LAZY money grubbers.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

I guess incorrectly I assumed the phrase “Bill was passed as amended” at the bottom of link meant the bill passed the Senate.

Sorry about getting everybody’s hopes up…

kooty
    Keymaster

Does this mean Jack didn’t go in the ditch??

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

He probably still went into the ditch, but not because of this.

shintz
    Southern MN

Quote:

You still have the option to buy, or not to buy the extra license. I am assuming you won’t be paying the extra 10$ if it passes? It will be hard for me not too.

The friends I fish with get snagged all the time with one pole, I can’t wait for them to have two.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

We TP is about 100 feet away from me as I type this, doubtful Ill get the chance to ask him any questions,but if I get close enough I will.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

As promised I asked, he said he hasn’t had time to review it yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.