Made a trip to Lake Michigan yesterday…

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Made the “quick” 4 1/2 hour drive from Cedar Falls, IA to Racine/Milwaukee and launched. The water was pretty rough out of Bender Park, 3-5 foot waves but the trusty old Lund got right through them just fine! Fished the power plant for a couple hours and managed 6 fish, kept four of them. One real nice 24″ Steelhead and one 24″ brown and a couple smaller browns.

Picked up and headed to the harbor in the afternoon, but with all the rain the Milwaukee river had made the harbor very dirty. We did not connect with any fish in the harbor and talked to several other people who had the same luck as us…

Took a buddy of mine who is starting to get into fishing more and more, I was glad to see him get hooked up with some great fish and he had a blast!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

You got to love it. I am very jealous, those are really nice fish.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Glad you had a safe trip. I guess I forgot to explain what PB stood for. To everyone around here, they think it stands for Personal Best Anyone that fishes the Great Lakes knows getting the PB means get the PUKE BUCKET Too bad the waves made for an upset stomach with your buddy. Over the years, I had a lot of guys puke over the side of my boat out there.
    Coho will be starting soon if you need an excuse to make another quick run back Usually around Memorial day the near shore troll bite on lite tackle is on fire.
    Hopefully next time around things work out to meet up.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Great job! What techniques did you use to get up close and personal with these beauties?

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Sweet! I was wondering where your truck was? Did not see it at work. Wheres Waldo and I are getting ready for Canada again. Wish you could have made it this year.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice report. I am counting the days unitl I get out there myself!

milemark_714

Quote:

Glad you had a safe trip. I guess I forgot to explain what PB stood for. To everyone around here, they think it stands for Personal Best Anyone that fishes the Great Lakes knows getting the PB means get the PUKE BUCKET Too bad the waves made for an upset stomach with your buddy. Over the years, I had a lot of guys puke over the side of my boat out there.
    Coho will be starting soon if you need an excuse to make another quick run back Usually around Memorial day the near shore troll bite on lite tackle is on fire.
    Hopefully next time around things work out to meet up.

Yup,that is what PB means

I guess I am one of the few that held out.Don’t think I even came close to “going green”

Nice fish,wish I was there.Much closer run from Bender compared to Grant years ago.

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Nice fish!! Looks like a good day!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Scott, we need to bust out the noodle rods + wiggle warts/hot-n-tots and put on another show. What has it been since you and I went out on the pond..15 or more years? I moved out of Ratscene in ’92 Been a while since you I hammered them together out there

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Flatfish- we just cast cranks into the outlets from the power plant. There were plenty of fish around, not as good as last year though. Last year I was there in mid March, so the browns were a bit more concentrated. Still a great time!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.