IDO Locking Up… Follow Up

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Guys and Gals,

I made so changes to the site tonight and would like to know if anyone out there is still seeing the same browser issues? Thanks for letting me know.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Screaming along here there the 2 Rivers come together!

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Good here

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Monday 10 PM

IDO locked up when I first went to the General Discussion page. The blinking ads on the top and the right side never showed up and were all white. The blinking ads on the left column were there but not blinking.

IDO has more blinking ads (like a Christmas tree) than any website I have ever visited. Maybe this is a situation some PCs cannot handle. A suggestion would be to turn off all the blinking (just leave static non-blinking ads) and see if that is causing our browsers to lock up.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

A suggestion would be to turn off all the blinking (just leave static non-blinking ads) and see if that is causing our browsers to lock up.

Not something I can control.

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Are you running in safe mode? The setup on my computer is now very different and somewhat distracting.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, just going slightly nuts trying to find out what, if anything, might be causing a couple people to have browser issues. Everything is back as it should be now. Or at least everything looks as it should.

And that wasn’t “somewhat distracting.” That was hideous. But thanks for being gentle.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Pretty solid here using Avant browser!…

KirtH
    Lakeville

Once in a great while IDO will stall out, doesnt lock out, just kind of sits there and thinks, reiminds me of BK, lights are on but no is then does something.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Mine locked on this thread (the first I opened this morning). I run IE. I also had a lock-up last evening while on this site (about 8:00 PM). Some threads/pages go real fast now, and still, others just lock-up. …..I know my computer is “clean” too.
    Splitshot

jryan
    Rochester, MN

it did a couple second stall on me a couple of minutes ago when I clicked on “Todays Topics” but no problems since. 99%
    better than it has been, Thanks.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

tip top here

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

tip top here

Same

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Running good for me

jerry b
    western WI

Mine totally locked up trying to send a PM last nite. Couldn’t do anything with it, thought I was going to have to reboot. Took about 2 min to come back. jerr

fishinfool
    mn

James, since I switched from Internet Explorer and upgraded my flash drive I have had no issues, other than the advertising loading a little slower due to the overall size of the page and amount of blocks to load,
    You have to scroll down quite a ways to see the whole page?

the smaller the page the faster to load (lightning speed)

jeff

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Locking up here too. Not allways but when both GM ads fishing with the pros and win a free trip show up I am done. If I let it sit long enough it will sometimes change pages on me.

GOOD LUCK James

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

It locked up again when I went to come back to this page after posting the preveius post. It took me to the GM sign up to enter page. Everything there worked but I could not get out of the sight with out closing IE.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Locking up here too. Not allways but when both GM ads fishing with the pros and win a free trip show up I am done. If I let it sit long enough it will sometimes change pages on me.

GOOD LUCK James

This is exactly what I have pinpointed my biggest issues with, the 2 Chevy/FLW ads. Hasn’t locked up in awhile, but then again, haven’t seen the dreaded ads together either

big G

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Quote:

GOOD LUCK James

This is exactly what I have pinpointed my biggest issues with, the 2 Chevy/FLW ads. Hasn’t locked up in awhile, but then again, haven’t seen the dreaded ads together either

big G

Well I read your post G and then I looked to the right and there were both Chevy/FLW ads. I hit refresh and it locked up. Coincidence…..maybe, but what are the chances of 2 Dodge guys looking at Chevy ads.

Seriously though, it did lock up when those two ads were there.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Had a new thing happen here. I clicked into this thread and everything was frozen and no ads where showing up. Finally…you guessed it…the Chevy/FLW ad displayed and then I had access to scroll again. Since so many other people are not having problems, maybe I need to check with my employer if I can install a different browser so I have a better surfing experience and be even less productive.

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Quote:

… maybe I need to check with my employer if I can install a different browser so I have a better surfing experience and be even less productive.

…now that’s funny right there…

I have not been able to log on to IDO at all for the last 24 to 36 hours. I kept getting the unable to load message on my browser. I tried about an hour ago and got the same error message using Firefox… I’m glad everything is working again.. I do have some blocks of text floating around though…they have the letters FFFD..??? not sure what that’s all about.. any way just thought I’d pass along my info..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

See the HBC post from Bk.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If people are locking up with the ads, maybe upgrading your Flash player/plug-in might help?

I’ve never noticed ‘blinking’ ads too much. If they are gif files, then that isn’t your problem. If they are Flash ads, then there might be something to it.

I could provide the link, but I’ll let the Mr. Holst chime in first before I do. I don’t want to be giving advice on a site that I am not responsible for.

(I see that this was already suggested in the other thread)

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I couldn’t log on to IDO at all on Tuesday either. Something about being “interrupted”. Now this morning everthing is OK

Well I take that back……I can’t upload a picture in the manage photos. This is the statement I receive when I try…

“Failed to upload file. Make sure directory permissions are world writable.”

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I locked up at the appearance of the Chevy, FLW ad also.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I was unable to get IDO to load at all yesterday afternoon. I tried both my book mark and through Google

Other sites would load normally

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

IDO was down for everyone. This is not related to that prob. You may see problems uploading photos today too. We are working to resolve these issues.

Everyone just hang on and be patient.

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Things are definitely still whacked. It was down most of the afternoon yesterday. I havent seen that mentioned. I just experience that same delay logging on this time as well and I see strange characters on some screen shots.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.