My new Pool 4 personal best!

• millerman
    Red Wing, MN

As I have been helping Dean at Everts and having to listen to everyone talking about fishing I took my boat with me today. I got on the water close to six and headed up to a shallow sandy area to find a current seam. I anchored and starting pitching ring worms of various colors. Not having any luck but watching several people around me catching fish I was getting a little discouraged. About 7:00 I decided to give it another 1/2 hour and switched to a color Dean had suggested to me a couple of weeks ago ( he will have to chime in on color) for the evening bite. Two casts later I have a 14″ walleye in the boat. 2 more casts bam a really nice 18″ walleye. Hey cool things are looking up! 3 casts later wamo! my new personal best sauger going 22 1/2″ my previous sauger was 22. Nice and fat momma so carefully took my hook out and let her go. It was a quick little flury but restored my confidence that I can still catch them. Thanks for the tip Dean! Water temp was 43.2 on both my locators. So it would be interesting to see what it is in the morning!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Way to go Todd Congrats buddy

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

That a boy!!!

redneck
    Rosemount

Were ya fishing in shorts yesterday buddy Congrats on the mongo sauger. With the water temps getting into the low forties interesting things are going to start happening on the river!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Way to go Todd

See? I can’t help it if your parents named you incorrectly!!

Nice to get on the water and feel the tug isn’t it?

This weekend is going to be THE weekend on P4, I’m guessing… There will be some big fish being released.

BTW Tim, you could have taken a photo of yourself on Deans dock. I would have added more color to your report!

No fish…just you and the dock!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Way to go Tim. I bet you guys are sure glad Wade and I left so your water could warm up and the fish start biting.

Good luck everyone and remember tomorrow is BIG FISH FRIDAY so be sure to stop by Everts and get some new line spooled up and find out what the hot colors have been.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i’ll be at Everts bright and early tomorrow morning.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Good job Tim!!

Jami

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Rich, when I saw Tim…I mean Todd yesterday he WAS in shorts. Now I’m not sure if he made it out in the boat like that but I wouldnt rule it out

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nicely done Tim!

I miss being at Everts already.

The bite should really crank up now that the water temps are hitting the 40s. Good luck to all!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

That a boy Timmy!!!! See ya tomorrow and Saturday!

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Were ya fishing in shorts yesterday buddy Congrats on the mongo sauger. With the water temps getting into the low forties interesting things are going to start happening on the river!

Of course I had shorts on and of course many asked if I was cold!

shaley
    Milford IA

Good Job Tim, someday things will work out and I’ll get up that way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.