Amazing news!!!

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I just got offered and accepted a Summer position as a marine mechanic for Voyagaire Houseboats on Crane Lake bordering Voyagers National Park!!!!

I can’t use words to describe how excited I am!! Take a look at their website and maybe book a vacation!!

Voyagaire Houseboats!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Congrats Buddy! I know you were hoping to get this job.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Congrats! I always wished I would have done something like that during college.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Congratulations. When do you start?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

That’s awesome. My deer camp is 13 miles from there and we get a house boat every summer. It’s an awesome place to spend the summer. You’ll really enjoy yourself. Congrats!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Congrats, great looking site!!
    I’ll give you a year or two then book with the mechanic-walleye guide

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Congrats to you and good luck !!!! We’ve gone out of there before on their boats. It was awsome and they are great people. Glenn

walleye_wisdom

Jighead- Looks like I’ll be starting on the 11th of May. You and Brad will have to give me some hot spots to try on Kabetogama!

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

Working at a resort is a lot of fun! I myself worked at two resorts on lake Vermillion as a dock boy when I was in high school and had an absolute blast. Enjoy yourself and have a beer at the Vermillion River Tavern in Buyck for me.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Sounds miserable to me. All that beauty and great fishing but no time to enjoy it when they have you working 100 hours/week 24/7.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

hey dave,
    you a glass 1/2 empty kind of guy?

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Congrats. I’m guessing your summer can’t start soon enough.

roth1995

Congrats! A summer you will never forget

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds great walleyewisdom Looks like you skipped right over St Cloud and kept heading north…. My offer still stands when your done

big G

walleye_wisdom

Actually DaveB i am guaranteed two days a week off and free time at the end of the day, so i’m PUMPED to say the least!

Thanks Big G i appreciate it!

Crankbait

Congrats! It’s a neat area literally at “The End of the Road”. We sometimes stay there before catching the tow into Quetico Park in Canada. If your hungry try the prime rib on Saturday…it’s one HUGE hunk of meat!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I was teasing, you will have a great time! Not only that, new weekly batch of bikini babes all summer…

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Working at a resort is a lot of fun! I myself worked at two resorts on lake Vermillion as a dock boy when I was in high school and had an absolute blast. Enjoy yourself and have a beer at the Vermillion River Tavern in Buyck for me.

Kevin and Lonnie (owners of the VRT) have gotten a lot better however I still prefer to spend my money at the Portgage Inn. Bill is the owner. Great guy. I usually give him my business.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Congrats, I am sure you will love it , however, I am not jealous as I will be forced to spend another summer (my 11th) beginning May 1 at VerHalla, my Nirvana on Lake V! My only job will be to catch a limit of Eyes everyday for the ensuing five months! I am already losing sleep contemplating the grind ahead! Pack your bag SteveO, we will schedule the time!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats WW! Lots of fishing opportunites up there! Looking forward to seeing some fish pics in the near future!

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

That is cool. Congrats. But now who is going to change my oil. Greg? Not
    good luck and have fun
    Rod

walleye_wisdom

OohMiracle, I’m pretty sure they have RV hookups at the resort, and i’ll have a boat up there….. Think about it!!!!

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I am thinking hard about it. sounds like a great idea. maybe have to bring Doug and Greg though.

walleye_wisdom

Sounds good, let me check with my boss and see if they will allow you to bring wild animals with you though!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.