full throttle

• woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Congrats to Redneck and his partner today for a big win on pool 4 today..great job guys !!

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Great job what was the bag weight and big fish

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Great news!
    Looking forward to the details

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

We had a bag of 24.60 pounds. We did not take big fish but it was an 11 lb walleye. We had one 8lb walleye and 4 saugers just over 4lbs a piece. You know you had a good day when you are throwing 3 and 1/2 lb fish away like candy

Congrats to all who fished including Big E, Turk and all th others that came out with a check.

I’ll be posting some pics when I get them downloaded off the camera

jhalfen

Congrats Redneck and Jesse!!!!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote:

Congrats to Redneck and his partner today for a big win on pool 4 today..great job guys

I second that. Nice work Rich!!! Care to share the details on what worked?

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Good job boys!!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Congrats! Good to see an IDO team won it.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Quote:

Congrats to Redneck and his partner today for a big win on pool 4 today..great job guys

I second that. Nice work Rich!!! Care to share the details on what worked?

We were in the rite place at the rite time . I was working blades and Rich had a custom hand tied hair jig and minnow. We found a good current seam that was holding some very active fish

redneck
    Rosemount

Thanks everyone. Jesse was a heck of a partner and he pretty well summed up our day. We knew from the onset that my little 17 foot Lund with a 90 Horse couldn’t play with the big boys on their level so our plan was to find as many out of the way spots that we could in 2 days of prefishing. We found 3 spots in 2 days of fishing that held potential. Our first spot this morning was a blank even though it had produced an 8-6 in 3 casts on Thursday. Our second spot had a boat sitting on it as we rounded the corner so we left. Our third spot was a current seam that had fish on Thursday. Within 10 minutes or so Jesse landed an 8 pounder and that got us going. Then he landed a mongo sauger. He caught 4 fish before I got to play. He was using a blade bait so I was going through all the plastics and then hair trying to find something to complement his bite. I saw a hairjig that the boy tied a couple years ago that Vandy label Redneck Recipe. I tied it on and put a minnow on it and within 2 or 3 casts I had a nice sauger. A few casts later something didn’t feel right as I was working it back to the boat. When I got the jig/minnow back to the boat I saw the minnow had the scales scuffed up on it. I threw back out and when it didn’t feel right I set the hook and it was a mongo sauger. I was using a St. Croix Tourney in MLXF and it really helped me today. I was letting the current carry the jig and I think the fish were just sucking it in and if I didn’t detect it right away they were spitting it back out. My rod really telegraphed the bite once I figured out what was going on. From that point on I went on a run and kept Jesse busy with the net for a while. We had four sauger and a walleye that we weighed and our 4 saugers were all 4 pounds or over. We had a bunch of sauger between 3-8 and 3-12 that went back and we lost count of the 3 pounders. It was one of those days where every worked out and those days rarely fall on tournamnet days. Sorry if I am a little long winded but it has been a pretty good day

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Good Job Guys.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats Guys!

-J.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Awesome job guys and congrats!

How many fish would you guess you boated saturday?

stuart
    Mn.

Good job guys

redneck
    Rosemount

Dean,
    I would say 20 to 30 or possibly more. We had a 10 incher that hit a 3-way and crawler beside the boat, a 17 incher and everything else was 3 pounds or over. It was just our day. Thank you for the great hospitality! It is always a pleasure staying at Evert’s. It was hard leaving last night but as I look out at the snow this morning I am glad we did. You know you will see me soon, it is that time of year

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Rich, congrats on your win.

SkeeterBoats

Congrats form the Skeeter Boat Center.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Way to go guys. Sounds like a great day.

tweak

Congratulations Rich and Jesse!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice job guys

big G

NickJohnson

congrats guys good to see ido’ers get the win

dea
    Hixton, WI

Congratulations!!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Nice work guys! A well deserved win on a tough bite out there. It had us scrambling all day. Congrats again guys

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Rich you forgot about this goofy “hunchback” that hit my jig and crawler

redneck
    Rosemount

Yeap, still trying to forget about it too

Crankbait

Sounds like you guys had a solid gameplan.

Congrats!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.