Thanks Dean! (Pats’ PB W/story) Luck o’ the Irish

• Tucker02
    Mn

Luck O’ the Irish one day late that is! I took an hour off work to hit the river and I just had a good feeling. Talked to my fishin buddy Harvey on the way over on the phone and told him I had a good feeling about today. After getting all the scoop from Dean and I am not sure of the guy’s name working in the shop, I was off. I decided to fish the crowd first at the y and warmed up with a couple of small saugers and decided to make a move towards the dam for more numbers or big fish.I was talking on the phone to my buddy Harvy again, when I said gotta go I got a big one on! I will be frank when I say I caught this fish in the sand as most will know where it is but that’s o.k. because I know most people on this site release the big females just as this one is still swimming. There is nothing wrong with keeping a personal best, luckily I caught my 13 lb. 10 ozer 17 years ago in lake Eerie and she does hang on my wall, (kinda wish I would have gotten a graphite replica.) I caught this piggy in the same place I got an 11 lber. two years ago so there must be something to this sandy area…..hmmm I want to say thanks to Dean and everyone else at Evert’s. Everyone is so friendly and willing to share info. it really is what our sport of fishing should be about! Good luck on the river to everyone and remember walleyes like shallower water than their cousins! I will try to post another pic tommorrow.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

mnatc,
    Congrats on the nice Walleye. how long was it?
    Good Luck with the pic, we sure love PICS.
    Jack

Tucker02
    Mn

Thanks Jack, it was only 30 inches, it was quite round!! I’ll try to get another pic on but for those who havent seen the pic, Dean has posted one.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Great fish and it was great to meet you.
    The big handsome fella at Evert’s is Tim

Tucker02
    Mn

Nice to meet you Tim, thanks for the advice and the great minnows!!! See ya soon.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Nice job! What presentation were you using?

Tucker02
    Mn

A 3/8 pink glow jig with a good size fathead minnow good luck!!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Awesome fish Pat! congrats to you and thanks for sharing your fish and the story with everyone here!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

You caught it on a jig and minnow? I thought walleyes only ate ringworms and, more recently, blade baits?

Nice fish! And way to go on the release!!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Quote:

A 3/8 pink glow jig with a good size fathead minnow good luck!!!

Congrats on the Great fish and thanks for the report on what you caught it on and where.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.