Walleye bucktails????

• honda75
    Iowa

Just curious where everyone buys their bucktails. I found some good prices on clements fishing barge website but was wondering where everyone else purchases theirs??? Or if you know someone who makes them and wants to sell some. Please let me know.

brada

Hutch’s bucktails for me

Good Luck!

JimChellevold
    Wi, Crawford Cty

U can pick them up at Starks in PDC

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Ask and you shall receive!
    Here is the B-Fish-N Bucktail.

k2boarder2021
    Kellogg,MN

where can I pick up the hutch jigs, around SE mn. I don’t know if they are the same ones I use, and i call them something else. Just curious

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Steve Dezurik’s dad makes a heck of a jig as well. I lost his business card with his website, but I know he has excellent products.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Before ringworms, Paddletails, K Grubs, Twister tails etc…there were deer hair “bucktail” walleye jigs! They work mighty well for Eyes, Sauger, Whitebass, Crappie, and most other species!

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Lee Flick at the Main Channel makes some great bucktails. Ask for the ones with the “secret scent’

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

First of all there seemed to be some confusion when this post started. “Bucktails” – “Hairjigs” one in the same. Now for the subilties, buck tails as I know them are generally from a more mature “older” deer which constitutes thicker, coarser hair. They are fine for Musky, Northern,and Bass baits,however when talking a true “Hairjig” you ideally want finer, thinner strands of younger deer tails ( not as coarse) a much neater package when sparsely tied on a jig. The sparse amount of “hair” is what gives the bait its ability to “undulate”. That motion in itself is what triggers the strike.As they say the proof is in the pudding…. she was taken on a 1/8 oz. haijig fished “naked” last spring (11# – 5oz.) and she still swims.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

B-Fishin-Tackle and Everts have the best bucktails I have ever used. Great colors and action. Nothing better than catching walleyes on bucktails that work. I love em.
    Thanks, Bill

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Can’t go wrong with Hutch’s bucktails or B fish N bucktails. Take a look at both of their websites and decide. I know that Hutch doesn’t charge shipping and won’t make you pay until you receive them and approve of their quality, which is pretty nice. Here are the websites for both…

Hutch’s: http://www.riverwalleyes.com/

And…

B fish N’s: http://www.bfishntackle.com/

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish Hairjig. Was that pool 4 or else where? I think a lot of people just lump the 2 jigs in the same category. Myself included.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

That was in Pool #4 , I also had a 6# – 8oz. that morning on hair.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Quote:

Steve Dezurik’s dad makes a heck of a jig as well. I lost his business card with his website, but I know he has excellent products.

Wats,
    As I have quit guiding for now and shut down my website as well as my Dad’s. He has opened his own website.

http://www.jimmydsriverbugs.com

jldii

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about bucktails like muskie fishermen throw!!

I’ve heard of an occasional walleye hitting a muskie bait, but it sounded like someone was designing and selling those types of bucktails for walleyes!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.