trolling – trolling – WHAT

• o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

I have a minnkota 70 with a co-pilot. Have an on-board charger, and 2 – 12volt batteries. About a year ago it acted up. When you tried to turn it with either the foot or remote control and let go it would keep turning. It seemed to have about 1/2 power. Checked it out next day and found a bad fuse. It’s part of the battery system. Replaced it and it worked fine. Yesterday I blew that same fuse, replaced it that night charged batteries. When I plugged in the onboard charger one light was red and one green. I assume that is on the blown fuse side. Went fishing today again blew that same fuse. Does anybody know what might be wrong or where I should start looking????
    But we caught 14 fish today, biggest 19″ Thanks for any help

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

anybody ?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Change the fuse to a 50amp breaker.

-J.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I have had the red light problem on two Minnkota on board chargers. After blowing a number of fuses, Minnkota decided the problem was with the Chargers. In both cases it was the middle bank in the three bank system that went bad. Both units were replaced by Minnkoata at no charge to me. I did have the hassle of returning each of the units.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.