How do you view your lakemaps on your computer?

• btomlin
    Albia, IA

I have a Navionics Prem. card coming for my gps. Can/How do you view these on a computer and mark your waypoints on primespots before going on water.

Just ready to do a little pre-season scouting….

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

You can buy the NavPlanner which works with most of their
    charts except for the Classic Charts and HotMaps Classic Lake Maps. It will cost you a little over $100.00.

I sent you a pm with more info on the NavPlanner.

Another option is to buy a 12v power cable (CA-8) for your
    522 and use it to do your scouting. I have a car jump starter with a DC power source and use it all the time to run my units in the house. Power cord is ~$40.00.

btomlin
    Albia, IA

Thanks Dandorn.

What is the difference between NavPlanner and Hotmaps Explorer??? I’ve been on the Nav site, but didn’t know you needed a special program to view the card.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Is there anywhere you can download a Demo of either the Navionics program of the Lakemaster program? I think it would be great to be able to do a little digital scouting of new waters from my computer, but $100 seems plenty expensive. I guess I’d like a ‘try’ it before I’d consider purchasing something like that.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pete, I’ll have the LOTW’s/Rainy River Contour Pro software at Sportsmans Warehouse and the Bluff for the sturgeon seminar.

Sure welcome to play around with it after the seminar.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I have a Navionics Prem. card coming for my gps. Can/How do you view these on a computer and mark your waypoints on primespots before going on water.

Just ready to do a little pre-season scouting….

Like Dan said, the Navplanner is your best bet for your purpose. The price is going down this spring, to $99.99.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Pete, I’ll have the LOTW’s/Rainy River Contour Pro software at Sportsmans Warehouse and the Bluff for the sturgeon seminar.

Sure welcome to play around with it after the seminar.

BK, When is the seminar at Sportsmans warehouse?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.