Whats your opinion?

• scottd
    wisconsin

My house got hit with 12 paintballs last night(vinyl siding)
    My work truck(with logo’s)took 8 hits.
    Should I call my insurance guy or is the clean-up easy?

Thanks Guys.( )

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

People like that give paintball a bad name

It should just wipe off, the ‘paint’ is actually more of a soap and is water soluble. Make sure you clean it up soon though, if the sun bakes on that stuff it will stain your truck/siding BIG TIME.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think most paintballs are water based so they should clean up pretty easy.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

You might want to take pictures before cleanup just incase there is chipped paint or cracked siding. It should clean up easy but there my be more damage than you think. Always nice to have proof.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I would DEFINITELY file a police report. Stupid kids driving around with a paint ball gun shooting houses are bound to get caught sooner or later. And it wouldn’t be all that hard to match the idiots to the act of stupidity at that point. That police report should help cover you should unforeseen damages arise from this.

scottd
    wisconsin

Thanks Pete,James and MrJigger.

It is cleaning up real easy!

I always thought the balls were real paint.

Thanks again.Scott

I did notify the sherriff-seems the morons made about a ten mile circle of random hits.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Our garage got hit in September. I just sprayed it off right away, came off pretty easy.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

I think most paintballs are water based so they should clean up pretty easy.

Exactly what James said

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

Quote:

I would DEFINITELY file a police report. Stupid kids driving around with a paint ball gun shooting houses are bound to get caught sooner or later. And it wouldn’t be all that hard to match the idiots to the act of stupidity at that point. And that police report should cover you should unforeseen damages arise from this.

exactly, likely there will be no damage as paintballs clean up easily, but it covers you just in case.

scottd
    wisconsin

The sheriff’s dept. called.
    They caught the vandals-gave me the option of having them fined or allowing them to come over and clean up the spots I had’nt done yet.So I allowed them to clean up but of course I had to get the extension ladder from the pole barn and then help hold it.
    At least they said they were sorry.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Clean off quickly and file a police report. My garage doors got hit several years ago and One door wouldn’t come clean and had to be painted. The other I thought I got clean and by the end of the summer you could see where it ran down the door and it had to be painted as well. My insurance company did pay for the work, but what a pain in the

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You weren’t making a big wake on the St Croix River were you?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.