Remember when

• the_grump
    Le Center

…Gas stations would not except $100 bills, because they didn’t have enough change. Now you need to have $100 to fill up.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

…Gas stations would not except $100 bills, because they didn’t have enough change. Now you need to have $100 to fill up.

The way the *significant other* likes to keep her fuel level… It cost more than $100 to fill it up.

I like how the pumps stop automatically at $75 when paying with a credit card. I guess those companies think we all drive Honda’s. Nothing like having to restart the pump at 3 degrees and windy.

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

Remember when it was only $1.50?? Better yet, when it was $1.05?? UGH!! I hate these gas prices!

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Quote:

Remember when it was only $1.50?? Better yet, when it was $1.05?? UGH!! I hate these gas prices!

I remember when it was a quarter a gallon!!!

Ed

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

I like how the pumps stop automatically at $75 when paying with a credit card. I guess those companies think we all drive Honda’s. Nothing like having to restart the pump at 3 degrees and windy.

That absolutely drives me up the wall

Most pumps that I go to here in WI stop at 50 when using my Visa. Nothing more annoying that pump handle click and I know I still have another 30 bucks to go…

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I remember when it was a quarter a gallon!!!

ha ha I wish!! Your not old enough!

Ed

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

Quote:

Super America gas stations do that. We hate it. I think Holiday stops at $75. Not sure though. Drives Us up a wall also.! Sad thing is, is that it’s not going to ever go down to what it use to be.

jjsherm

I remember when the trucks we were driving only cost $1100. And a 10 HP motor was considered big. 14 ft lund C-14 was magic.
    S50,000 boats, $3.00 gas, $40,000 trucks

david_scott
    Twin Cities

When I started driving gas was .89 – .95 a gallon. It wasnt long after there was a *big jump* to about $1.25… I dont think there was anyone NOT complaining then either and it was going to be the end of the world.

$1.25 did suck when you were a teen stuck working at minimum wage ($3.60/hr?) BUT the old Subaru Brat would make it to the Brainerd area on $5 gas!

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

I remember back in the 60s they had gas wars and I saw gas for 15 cents a gallon.I could fill up my dirt bike for a quarter Good thing I didnt have much more than that back then Now its going to cost me $25 to fill up the Harley

roscoe
    So St Paul

Yep , just try filling a suburban with a 40 gal tank, OUCH I usually try to fill up whenever the price drops a little, kinda like playing the stock market. Most of the time i fill up at a half a tank just to make myself feel better

arklite881south

Thats good stuff guys!!!

I remember a couple summers ago coming in from a guide trip, and bringing my boat and yukon to the pump. Was feeling pretty good about myself after being on a big guide stretch. Filled the Lund Fisherman Magnum up and the Yukon up!!! YIKES Decided I couldn’t take the pain to fill them both up again at the same time. Couple weeks later I decided to fill the boat up prior to a trip on the water (BIGGER MISTAKE) Had the gas subtracted out of my guide trip from the resort. Think $3.50 gas hurts try $4.75 per gallon. Yep Remember when…. Suppose you could guide out of the canoe??? LOL!!! Add Full Canvas…

Good Fishing!!!

Rainydaze
    http://www.rainydazeoutdoors.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.