Quest. on fuel check valve?

• tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

I have a built in gas tank on my boat going to a 60horse johnson,2-stroke. last spring going full throttle it would sound the alarm and shut down to idle. had a new water pump put in last spring,runs great if I just hold it under fullpower. Iread ther might be a check valve in the gas tank-float area..thanks for any input or solutions..

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What year engine? Is it oil injected four stroke are you sure it`s an over heat alarm and maybe not the oil injection?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Pretty sure there are only 2 alarms on that motor.

1. Overheat.

2. Low or No oil.

-J.

tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

Its a 89 johnson VRO,60. replaced the vro pump last spring and the water pump,thats why I’m thinking it might be fuel restriction..also replaced fuel filter..the only thing left is filter down to tank not replaced..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Never heard of a gas alarm. Don’t think they exist. That motor has the 2 alarms I mentioned.

The VRO’s are notorious for blowing due to not enough or no oil getting to the motor. Many disable the VRO pump and use pre mix gas. Google up that motor and read up…

-J.

tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

thanks,I’ll check it out..

herb
    6ft under

I think Jon’s post is what your problem is.
    If it’s an overheat alarm, it might be a thermostat stuck closed. It happened to me a couple times.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.