Mille Lacs

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Just a crazy thought.I have never been to Mille Lacs.We are loading everything today and getting ready for a 1000 mile road trip to fish all week next week.With the fish shallow is there anywhere that can be fished with waders this time of year if the wind is a problem with boat fishing.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

it is done, Myr Mar has a rock harbor and when the waves are just right, they are there. There are places on both sides of the lake with shallow rocks, which may be an option. With the water levels low, I always have a pair in the boat just incase launching/landing becomes a problem.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

1000 miles. Where are you coming from? Yes, you should be able to wader fish mille lacs. Lots of shallow shore lines. Chris Tuckners report was just talking about taking fish in less than 4′ of water. I have talked to many people on the lake that never venture out in there boats at night. They just fish off there docks.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Having a pair of waders in the boat is not a bad idea for a newby to the lake. Nice to have on board in case you get beached and need to jump out in 50 degree water to push the boat out. Beats stripping down to the skivies…..

-J.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Shrinkage.

What sucks about most lakes in MN, they are mostly land lock by private ground. So foot traffic access is limited. I did a lot of wader fishing back in SD, what a blast it could be.

Good luck up there, give us a yell on 82. I’ll be up Friday and Saturday.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

You could bring the waders and do some walking in the water. Walk out of hunters to waist deep water and start casting. Head North until you catch a walleye. If you make it to Bobber’s place without a bite I would be very shocked, but you could probably beg him for a ride back. The area around the Cedar Creek landing could be good as well as along the North shore. I could think of some great rocky locations, but waders, slippery rocks, and darkness sound like a nasty combination to me.

sharkbait

Leaving the panhandle of Nebraska tomorrow morning.Got to drop south to the north edge of Ks to visit the parents and pick up the kids from the ex.Then back on 80 across the rest of Nebraska and part of Iowa then north to your great state.Fishing with Chris and James a couple of nights then days chasing anything that will bite.Surely in a week we can scare a ski or get a couple northerns or perch.Never tried to fill the cubby holes in the boat with so much stuff.Didn’t want to leave something home that we would have to buy there.I’m sure we’ll still spend to much at the tackle shop.Hope the storm clear and it turns into a great week next week.5 hrs til I go finish packing.Any other great tips????

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Doesn’t matter how windy it is, you can get your boat on one side of the lake or the other. Most of the times, you are only going to be fishing 6-8fow, 200 feet from shore.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I understand you are getting the back side of the low pressure and the wind is just crazy! Raining still here in Sioux City, wave as you drive by, was there two weeks ago, might be back in a week or two, there’s plenty of people up there to get you on your way. where are you staying? Red Door?

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

Having a pair of waders in the boat is not a bad idea for a newby to the lake. Nice to have on board in case you get beached and need to jump out in 50 degree water to push the boat out. Beats stripping down to the skivies…..

-J.

Oh Jon, did you have to give us a vision Does Jane even want to go there

sharkbait

Just great out here.50-60mph wind blowing the corn over.lots of land changing hands without a deed today.hopefully the wind will drop in the morning.It would suck to ruin a boat tarp this early in the trip.Maybe see some of you around.Going to be staying at the Red Door Monday through Friday.Going home to finish packing now. Look for the white 18 ft Lund fisherman with the 150 optimax. with the 2 kids looking way to serious about fishing.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Good Luck! Hope you have a great week!

dd

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Goodluck sharkbait,
    with Chris and James you can NOT go wrong.
    Let us know how it goes after your week. and am sure these guys will make a trip report also..
    Jack.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Maybe realtime right from the boat!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

wind at your tail today, good for gas , now how come I can never get a tail wind when I make the trek?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.