Mille Lacs info anyone???

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

I am planning on being up to
    Mille Lacs the week of the 22of October.I have 2 nights planned on guided trips.Now here is the interesting part a quick trip turned into being able to get into Minnesota on Monday the 22 and not having to be back to Nebraska till Saturday evening.Problem is it’s a 800 mile drive one way and pulling the boat that far is going to burn a lot of gas.I’ve fished alot but never on Mille Lacs is it a good idea to pull the boat and put in the time there during the day. Not really that worried about finding at least a few fish more worried about the issues of low water and not knowing the lake.I have a 2006 Lund fisherman that is rigged well but no gps. We are staying at the red door and would be up to fishing for almost anything.I would be up for taking someone along that knows the water well if that would work also.Doesn’t really work for me to tag along with someone else because I have a group of four of us But my boat can fish five good enough or it may be that a couple will sit out at the cabin.Any good ideas?

catmando
    wis

Beg or borrow a LOWRANCE portable GPS WITH A chip its a big lake good luck DK.

jhalfen

Quote:

I’ve fished alot but never on Mille Lacs is it a good idea to pull the boat and put in the time there during the day.

That’s what I’d do, or rather, that’s what I did about 4 years ago when I started fishing the lake.

And, as catmando suggested, get a GPS and a lakemaster chip. What you’ll learn from your reading here and from your guides (anyone we know? ) will help get you on fish during your trip.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

That OR pack the dog and shotgun!
    Grouse have been good and will be great by then! Just another idea. There are some launches that target just perch and pike too.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I have looked at other peoples hand helds and the screens are so small that they are almost unusable for me. I’d just pop for a permanent mount one from Jolly Ann. I’ve never bought anything from Wade but he sure helped me w/ questions on my old LMS350A a couple of years ago and have read lots of good things about him.

sharkbait

It’s me and my 10 and 12 year old and they are diehard fisherman.So it’s fishing with my boat or something like that.I am fairly used to large lake.I live on Lake Maconaughey in Nebraska.When it was full it was something like 24 mile long and 3-4 wide and fish it without gps.I am not looking for anythingreal impressive just want to hook a few fish and relax.Biggest worry is damage to a boat is all I was really looking about gps for.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Chris, I have an H2O GPS with a map card of Mille Lacs you can borrow. Will you be coming through Lincoln on the 22nd?? I could meet up with you on the interstate and then I could get it back from you before you leave the lake on Sat.
    Our group will be up on the 25th and coming home on Sun. the 28th.

walleyehunter1

I just hope the temps drop soon. Full moon is a coming.

sharkbait

Ben that would be great.We are actually heading that way on Sunday.We should be through Lincoln around midday.Any help would be appreciated.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

You got it. I’ll give you a call the Sat. before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.