Need a drywaller

• Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

We made the decision to replace all of our sheetrock in the basement as a result of flood damage. I\\\’m in the process of getting the old rock out of there and should be ready for mud, tape, and texture sometime next week. I\\\’m planning to hang the rock over the weekend. I\\\’ll do some measuring tonight but a rough idea of what I have is, two average size bedrooms, and a fairly large family room with a small 4×4 hallway. I\\\’m leaving the ceilings, but will need to have them textured to match the walls. If anyone is interested in the mud, tape , and texture job please let me know. I\\\’m on a bit of a time crunch here, my wife needs the basement to run her daycare.

Thanks,

Matt

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I just had a bunch of taping and texturing done here in Rochester by a crew I\’d recommend to everyone. Dale and Jeff Curtain (Curtain Drywall) did a fantastic job of both mudding and texturing my walls and ceilings. I know they travel some fair distances..you might call Jeff Curtain OR his Dad Dale Curtain here in Rochester. If you can\’t get hold of them, ping me and I\’ll try for you.

lundgEYE

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Jay Schuur did a great job on my house. A site sponsor here too! I\’d recommend him to anyone.

Click here

Jon

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Thanks for the replies guys. Just wanted to point out that I\\\’m in La Crescent, MN (La Crosse, WI area). I\\\’d like the option to hang the rock myself if it\\\’s going to save me a considerable amount of $$$, but maybe it\\\’s not worth it, not sure I guess.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

To hang and tape in the Rochester Area (my frame of reference) you will pay about $.45 per square foot to hang, and about $.65 to tape. Depending on the which type of texture, you should be about $1.15-1.25 a square foot all said and done. You may be able to get a better deal then this if it is a one man show, or someone doing it on the side, but that is about what it will run.

If you do have a taper do it for you, make sure they will come back after walls are primed and do any touch ups. Any bad spots show up better after the walls are primed.

Good luck

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

So I come up with $2600 for 65 sheets, is that somewhat accurate? Is that including sheetrock or am I on the hook for that? I know that was a ballpark estimate, but I\\\\\\\’m looking at a $3500 estimate I got last night from a guy who\\\\\\\’s usually low. Here\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s my math, let me know if I missed something… 65 sheets of 4×8 rock at 32 sq. ft. per sheet at $1.25 per square = $2600. What about ceilings, is that usually more than the $1.25 per square?

Thanks,

Matt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.