Carpet?

• Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I have a bad situation in my basement after the recent rains. It looks like I’ll need to replace the carpet in my basement. If there are any carpet layers looks for a side job in La Crescent please let me know. Also looking for suggestions on where to buy carpet in the La Crosse area.

Thanks,

Matt

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

You might want to wait a few days before you put some new carpet down. It is suppose to rain until at least thursday.

John Luebker

Matt – You give me a call if you need anything alright!

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Before you replace the carpet. Make the proper repairs so the basement doesn’t leak again. Badger Basements have a lifetime warranty and do excellent work.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I agree my brother does flood restoration and mold cleanup jobs on top of carpet cleaning, don’t mess around do it right. Your health isn’t worth messing with.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Thanks guys. I’ll call a mold guy and see what he has to say. The water was only enough to soak the carpet and was removed this A.M., I plan to let it dry for a week or two before I put anything new down. As for the cause, I’m not sure, thinking it was a combination of the following.. one plugged downspout, sump pump failed once, “beaver” system didn’t seem to be working as it should.

Thanks,

Matt

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Quote:

As for the cause, I’m not sure, thinking it was a combination of the following.. one plugged downspout, sump pump failed once, “beaver” system didn’t seem to be working as it should.

That and 17″ of rain in a 24 hour period. Sorry to hear about your water damage. It is a trying time for many in Southern Wisconsin and Minnesota. We were lucky enough to miss the storms in the Melrose area.

I buy my carpet from Carpets to Go next to the Menards on Sand Lake Rd. They have always treated me right and someimes they have special order carpet that the customers decide not to take and discount it pretty heavily.

Justin

John Luebker

Quote:

I buy my carpet from Carpets to Go next to the Menards on Sand Lake Rd. They have always treated me right

I too bought the carpet for the basement and bedrooms when we replaced some carpet. They do not install, but can provide names for installers

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Hey Matt…let me know what you do as I am in the same situation. I know of one area in the basement that it got in, but I’m sure that it’s not the only one. I’m up in the air right now with that I’m going to do with the carpet.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Will do B.C., I’m on the fence on what to put down. We’ll probably end up doing some combination of carpet, and maybe tile or wood laminate.

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

this past winter my water heater gave out and leaked all over the carpet in the basement. We didn’t have any padding down and it was commercial carpeting. It also spread all across the vinyl floors. What I did was dry it out with alot of fans, 12 to be exact and also had 4 de-humidifiers going for 3 weeks non stop. I seriously thought about tearing it all out and just painting the floors but everyone that I talked to said it would be just fine. Do you guys think that there could be a mold problem? I now keep two fans going and one dehumidifier running all the time. Is that enough, I don’t want to jepordize my families health. It dosen’t smell musty or moldy, but who knows I might just be used to it. DO any of you know if ther is a test for mold, or should I just tear it up in the corner and see.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Matt-I wouldn’t put too much blame on all the equipment you have The rain we have had was too much for even the best equipment. My father-in-law also has the beaver system in his basement and his basement was flooded as well.

Being in the concrete business, we are hearing about many people with problems in their basement. The biggest thing we have noticed is the water is coming up from the bottom, not through the walls. The ground is so saturated and the water table is higher than normal because of it. Since the water table is so high, the water is pushing up from the bottom in and crack or void in the basement floor. Your house is also in that nasty heavy clay soil and is retaining a ton of water right now. If I were a betting man, I am going to guess you may still have some problems for awhile, at least until the rains stop
    I hope for your sake as well as many others, that things dry up soon for a little while and let things get back to stabil.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.