LaCrosse Area Taxedermist recommendation

• walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I went out fishing on my birthday Wednesday the 8th and the present I got is going to cost me some money. I was fortunate enough to catch a 22.5″ Large Mouth Bass that I am going to get mounted. I am a Walleye fisherman and not a Bass fisherman, so I can’t accurately guess her weight, but the people I showed it to and Gander Mountain staff guessed it close to 7 pounds. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an Excellent taxedermist in the LaCrosse are. I had my albino pheasant mounted a few years back and was not happy with the results, so I want to see what you have to say. Here is a pic of my fish.

nascarfan
    stillwater,minnesota

nice fish

and happy B-day: thats a hell of a present

jhalfen

Contact IDA staffer Jack Naylor….he’s a taxidermist and does wonderful work. He’s working on a walleye for me right now.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Justin,

That is a nice fish. Congrats!

There’s a pretty good taxidermist who works out of the Brush Museum in Galesville. I know they do a lot of mammals and birds and get work from all over the country.

Any details on the catch?

Curt

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Justin,
    Happy Birthday,
    and WOW on your Largemouth Bass, that is a terrific fish. It is an easy, 6 1/2 to 7 pounder.
    PM sent…
    Jack..

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

For the best (IMO) taxidermy in the LaCrosse are I have to say the Whitetail Wonderland Taxidermy (608) 539-4008. This is the same one that Will-eye mentioned as well. I have had 2 deer, 3 ducks, and a friend had a walleye done there. All look excellent I will not go anywhere else but there

mec
    West Salem,WI

Mike Morley at Thunder Valley in West Salem.He ain’t cheap,but he does fish real good

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Contact IDA staffer Jack Naylor….he’s a taxidermist and does wonderful work. He’s working on a walleye for me right now.

I would also highly recommend Jack he does awesome work, take a look at some of his work.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

By the way that pic would make a great new avitar

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Jack Nalor does all my work!!!
    IT KICKS
    he is a very good taxidermist EXCELENT WORK!!
    I would recomend him highly
    I have seen alot of work and his stands up to the best
    at a better price and quicker turnaround
    my smallmouths will be done soon and I’ll post pics

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Quote:

By the way that pic would make a great new avitar

Putting a Bass avitar up would go against my Walleye religion But I will keep it in mind. I really appreciate all of the feedback you have given me on taxedermists and on fishing in general in the past posts. I am currenty talking with jack about him doing the work for me.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Putting a Bass avitar up would go against my Walleye religion

You sure do a lot of bass fishing for a “walleye guy”. LoL. You might also want to mention what you caught that fish on and who you got the lures from

Good Fish bro

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Quote:

You might also want to mention what you caught that fish on and who you got the lures from

I can thank Brovarney baits and Slop for that fish. I caught it on a Brovarney Silver Gringo swim jig and a 5″ Pearl Action grub that Slop gave me to try out. Looks like I will be visiting the Brovarney webpage to put in an order

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Justin,
    Here IS that link,
    and Congrats again on the GREAT BASS..
    Jack.

BrovarneyBaits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.