Three words you cannot say to Michael Vick anymore

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

Go ahead and whine some more if it makes you feel better..

Please tell me who is whining??? Are we not allowed our own opinion on the situation??? We don’t believe Vick is as guilty, simple as that. We each have our reasons, some of us more long winded than others . So when you are ready to discuss without making personal accusations, please come back to this thread. You’ve been here long enough to know keep it simple and we all get along a lot better.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Quote:

Go ahead and whine some more if it makes you feel better..

Please tell me who is whining??? Are we not allowed our own opinion on the situation??? We don’t believe Vick is as guilty, simple as that. We each have our reasons, some of us more long winded than others . So when you are ready to discuss without making personal accusations, please come back to this thread. You’ve been here long enough to know keep it simple and we all get along a lot better.

If your going to quote someone don’t edit it, we have emotional Icon’s for a reason…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

thanks for the link Pier. I hope the Vick supporters take a look at it.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I think what people are trying to say the difference between the lewis case (who I think should be in prison) and Vick is the people in the Lewis case choose to put themselves in a dangerous position. It doesn’t mean they deserved to die, but it was their choice to be there and to be involved with Lewis and his thugs. That would be like me choosing to go hang out in North Minneapolis for the night (um, no offense if anybody lives in that area). The dogs had no choice in this.

I don’t think anybody here is saying that a dog is equal to a human, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need protection from sadistic person like Vick. I will say it again, people view dogs like children. They are defenseless and need someone to protect them. Again, I in no way am a supporter of PETA and I don’t know why every time someone brings up punishing Vick they are called a PETA lover. If vick was torturing children, people would be all worked up about that. I think this is more about how sadistic Vick is and that he needs sever punishment. I think I read some years ago that violent people usually start with violence towards animals and then gradually move up to humans. Maybe if Vick is stopped now, that will prevent another murder from taking place in some night club down the road??

Is it ok to be a supporter of the Humane Society? Here once again are some videos on their site.

dog fighting

As a side note, there has been talk too that Vick will be getting in trouble with the NFL for the gambling portion of the dog fighting. It isn’t the same as the dog fighting charges, but it is another strike against his NFL career and they could use that as the reason to suspend him for the year.

VikeFan

Quote:

I didn’t read your last 3 post I didn’t have 2 hours

Big difference is Lewis didn’t kill anybody he was out having a good time minding his own business when 2 thugs started talking CHIT to Lewis and after hitting Lewis’s thug friend over the head with a champane bottle things went bad…..his thugs friends snapped and the other thugs got stabbed.
    Lewis didn’t kill anyone and he ended up telling the truth.
    4 games “nfl suspension” sounds about right for that.

Also IMO Lewis didn’t deserve to go to jail nor did he.
    IMO Vick does deserve to go to jail and WILL go to Prison for this.

Quote:

That is worse than allowing one’s property to be used for dog-fighting.

Huh? it was lot more then allowing dog fighting on his property.
    Vick set this operation up he knowingly and with premeditation engaged in a conspiracy to promote Dog fighting, he funded the operation bet on the fights and was present when the dogs were tortured and KILLED which is Federal crime hence the Federal indictment.

Read more here about the operation that Vick started along with the Torture methods of these animals and the 18 page indictment, all of co conspirators except Vick “he will soon” have pleaded guilty to these REAL crimes.

Vick operation and indictment

A year “nfl suspension” sounds about right and that will be the least of his problems.

I agree human life out weighs an animals but Lewis didn’t Kill anyone or I would agree with you.
    Bad analogy IMO you bet.

Go ahead and whine some more if it makes you feel better.. he’s going to plead guilty and go to JAIL on this one, Sorry guys.

If you didn’t take the time to read my positions, how can you reply to them?

I didn’t say Vick shouldn’t be punished, nor am I a “Vick defender”, and to imply that I am is dishonest. (In my original post I said Vick deserved some punishment.) If you had actually read my responses (and you admit you didn’t), you would know that. I said that your response and position is based on emotion and sentimentality, not reason…just like that of PETA.

I will ask again, in short sentences and small words: how is your position on Vick any different from that PETA takes regarding hunting and fishing? (Go back and actually read what I wrote before evading the question and mis-representing my position.)

PETA uses gory written descriptions and videos to attack hunting and fishing, as well as farming; you cited Vick’s indictment (which I read weeks ago) to bolster your case. I hunt and fish. I also grew up on a livestock farm in Minnesota. PETA writes gory descriptions of hunting and fishing (to say nothing of raising cattle and hogs) that would make Vick’s indictment sound like the activities of the local HSUS chapter. Like those PETA reports, your use of the Vick indictment is intended to get people to react emotionally, not logically. PETA also uses words like “torture” to describe hunting and fishing.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

If you didn’t take the time to read my positions, how can you reply to them?

I was joking hence the icons I read them they that weren’t long…

It was just my opinion that to compare someone who pleaded to a misdemeanor to someone who is going to be a convicted Felon was bad analogy.

I wasn’t trying to attack or insult anyone…my bad…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

f.y.i.
    all three co-defendants have plead guilty and are cooperating with the Feds. “Ron Mexico” is all by his lonesome now..

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Rumors indicate that he indeed will cop a plea this week since his gang of criminals have already done so. The NFL commish is rumored to then suspend him. He is probably only looking at a year in the slammer and there isn’t a fine big enough to hurt this punks deep pockets. Lots of rumors though so lets see what happens.

VikeFan

Quote:

Rumors indicate that he indeed will cop a plea this week since his gang of criminals have already done so. The NFL commish is rumored to then suspend him. He is probably only looking at a year in the slammer and there isn’t a fine big enough to hurt this punks deep pockets. Lots of rumors though so lets see what happens.

The NFL has officially denied the rumors that Vick will be suspended for a year…that, of course, was said before the “Vick will plead guilty” rumors came out. Given that three cooperating witnesses have accepted plea bargains in exchange for their testimony, a plea bargain by Vick seems the “best” option left to him.

The sentence likely to be handed down for Vick will be too lenient for some, and too severe for others. That means it will probably be about right.

Vick’s teammate Warrick Dunn (a well-respected veteran) indictated in a published statement that the Falcon players do not expect to have Vick playing at all this season, and they are OK with that. I suspect Vick will play in the NFL after the 2007 season, but not with the Falcons.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I will ask again, in short sentences and small words: how is your position on Vick any different from that PETA takes regarding hunting and fishing?

Thanks for the short sentences…

The difference is that Vick is accused of ACTUALLY torturing animals. His accusers went to law school and work for the Fed.

PETA will accuse someone of torture for putting a collar and chain on a dog thereby limiting that dog’s ability to free range. PETA “accusers” can be found working at a bead shop near you.

And the difference is… ?

A: Reality.

PETA’s position holds no more credibility than if I was to urine down your back and tell you it is raining. 99% of what PETA is against is NOT torture. The rest, well… that’s what Michael Vick is accused of doing to his dogs. I think electrocution or strangulation counts as torture, don’t you? Or do you feel torture is an act that can only be committed by a human, on a human?

But back to my point for posting…. you agree Vick deserves punishment. We agree Vick deserves punishment. You seem bent over the way some reacted to the charges of torture resulting in death (easy tiger, nobody said murder) of dogs.

Some get angry. You… not so much. I’m OK with that. Why are you spending so much breath trying to tell a group of full-grown adults how they should feel in response to this indictment? Do you think you’ve found yourself, here on this fishing website, surrounded in a hotbed of soon to be converted PETA sympathizers that need you to save us from ourselves?

Double >>>

If that’s your goal, to set us on the straight and narrow before we fall under the spell of PETA… friend, I can tell you you’re too late. I’m too upset that some dogs got tortured to really be swayed by the passion in your voice.

And someone, anyone, tell me what the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks Ray Lewis has to do with any of this?

Lewis played football. Michael Vick played football. I get it. If you can draw a parallel that goes beyond the football connection… I’m all ears. They are not connected cases. The charges filed are not wholely similar. The outcome of the former will not set precedent for the later and the events are completely unrelated. If you are somehow unhappy with the Lewis verdict… I guess that to me would be a seperate matter.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I will ask again, in short sentences and small words: how is your position on Vick any different from that PETA takes regarding hunting and fishing?

The difference is that Vick is accused of ACTUALLY torturing animals. His accusers went to law school and work for the Fed.

PETA will accuse someone of torture for putting a color and chain on a dog thereby limiting that dog’s ability to free range. PETA “accusers” can be found working at a bead shop near you.

And the difference is… ?

PETA’s position holds no more credibility than if I was to urine down your back and tell you it is raining. 99% of what PETA is against is NOT torture. The rest, well… that’s what Michael Vick is accused of doing to his dogs. I think electrocution or strangulation counts as torture, don’t you? Or do you feel torture is an act that can only be committed by a human, on a human?

But back to my point for posting…. you agree Vick deserves punishment. We agree Vick deserves punishment. You’re seem bent over the way some reacted to the charges of torture resulting in death (easy tiger, nobody said murder) of dogs.

Some get angry. You… not so much. I’m OK with that. Why are you spending so much breath trying to tell a group of full-grown adults how they should feel in response to this indictment? Do you think you’ve found yourself, here on this fishing website, surrounded in a hotbed of soon to be converted PETA sympathizers that need you to save us from ourselves?

Double >>>

If that’s your goal, to set us on the straight and narrow before we fall under the spell of PETA… friend, I can tell you you’re too late. I’m too upset that some dogs got tortured to really be swayed by the passion in your voice.

And someone, anyone, tell me what the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks Ray Lewis has to do with any of this?

Lewis played football. Michael Vick played football. I get it. If you can draw a parallel that goes beyond the football connection… I’m all ears. They are not connected cases. The charges filed are not wholely similar. The outcome of the former will not set precedent for the later and the events are completely unrelated. If you are somehow unhappy with the Lewis verdict… I guess that to me would be a seperate matter.

Perfectly stated

VikeFan

Quote:

Quote:

Simple.

PETA will accuse someone of torture for putting a color and chain on a dog thereby limiting that dog’s ability to free range. PETA “accusers” can be found working at a bead shop near you.

And the difference is… ?

But back to my point for posting…. you agree Vick deserves punishment. We agree Vick deserves punishment. You’re seem bent over the way some reacted to the charges of torture resulting in death (easy tiger, nobody said murder) of dogs.

Double >>>

I think it’s stupid to treat Vick on the same level as people who take human life. That is what PETA does. The same arguments made against Vick on this thread are used against hunters and fishermen by animal rights activists. If you don’t see the problem there, well, so be it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I think it’s stupid to treat Vick on the same level as people who take human life. That is what PETA does. The same arguments made against Vick on this thread are used against hunters and fishermen by animal rights activists. If you don’t see the problem there, well, so be it.

An animal’s life should not be valued the same as a human’s life. I think most all of us here are on that same page with you.

And our laws account for this. Get convicted of cruelty to animals or fighting dogs and in the WORST case scenario you might be looking at 5+ years.

Kill a human being and you’ll get life in prison in most states. Our laws deal with this appropriately in my opinion.

Have you read the charges against Vick? Nobody is calling for life imprisonment for this guy. Not even close. Again… the legal system differentiates between the crimes.

So the legal system agrees with you. We agree with you. The issue then seems to be that PETA will try and illogically apply laws on the books to suit their stated goals.

Of course they will. But how does that impact the reality of this case?

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

The poor analogy is that if a person was convicted of participating in the murder of a person and found guilty, he would be sentenced to 20 years to life. Killing multiple dogs and animal cruelty would get you no more than 6 years. Vick is not yet charged with animal cruelty, he is facing charges related to gambling and violating federal law over state lines. How is it that people are thinking he is being treated the same as someone who murders a person?

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Again, Vick is not going to be punished harder for taking an animal’s life than would someone who takes a human life. He is looking at 1 to 3 years unless a Rico violation indictment comes down from Federal prosecuters.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Again, Vick is not going to be punished harder for taking an animal’s life than would someone who takes a human life. He is looking at 1 to 3 years unless a Rico violation indictment comes down from Federal prosecuters.

Sounds like a RICO conviction could be up to 20 years in prison. I would think he would take the plea with that charge coming (unless of course he is innocent, then you fight on).

Unless the feds think there are holes in the case or these guys are giving up info on other dog fighting rings, I don’t know why the government is offering the plea anyway??

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

no plea yet? think he is going to chance going to court? one of his lawyers is a former federal prosecutor. this is going to be real interesting.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

think he is going to chance going to court?

NO!…he can’t risk that kind of jail time.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Mike Vicks NFL career ended today with the plea of his child hood friends and the details that he participated in the hanging and drowning of dogs used in the dog fighting ring.

FRIVERS2

A RICO conviction would be nice. Letting dogs rip each apart and then killing the losers deserves a bit more then a year or so in prison.

From Dozer, George and my German Shepherd. The former two labs and we hope to see some of you at the National Dock Diving Championships in Rogers, Mn.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

we hope to see some of you at the National Dock Diving Championships in Rogers, Mn.

FRIVERS2 do you have any more info or a link to this event?

FRIVERS2

Steve, I was able to find the following; hope it helps.

October
    National Timber & Outdoor Show – Nelsonville, OH – TRIPLE POINT EVENT
    October 5 (8:00 am) – October 07 (11:59 pm), 2007
    National Timber & Outdoor Show – Nelsonville, OH; October 5-7, 2007 – TRIPLE POINT EVENT

2007 Bark in the Park – Chesapeake, VA
    October 5 (3:00 pm) – October 07 (5:00 pm), 2007
    Chesapeake City Park – Chesapeake, VA

DockDogs’ National Championship – Rogers, MN – 5X POINT EVENT!!!!
    October 12 (8:00 am) – October 14 (11:59 pm), 2007
    DockDogs’ National Championship – Rogers, MN; October 12-14, 2007 – 5X POINT EVENT!!!

Recent Events
    2007 Frederick Sports Expo – Frederick, MD
    August 17 (12:00 pm) – August 19 (6:00 pm), 2007
    Frederick Fairgrounds – Frederick, MD

2007 Holmes County Fair – Millersburg, OH
    August 14 (12:00 pm) – August 18 (9:00 pm), 2007
    Holmes County Fairgrounds – Millersburg, OH

2007 Illinois State Fair (Weekend 2) – Springfield, IL
    August 13 (11:00 am) – August 19 (7:00 pm), 2007
    Illinois State Fairgrounds – Springfield, IL

Tour Info
    Sportsmen’s National Series presented by Cabela’s
    The Dock Dogs® Sportsmen’s National Series – This series consists of several events which are scheduled to take place across North America throughout the 2006 season. These Dock Dogs® National competitions are designated as either a Stand Alone event or are incorporated as a feature at ”Premium” Consumer Sportsmen Related shows or Special Events. These events are open to all Dock Dogs competitors and will include the newly designated “LapDog” class in addition to the Novice, Jr and Sr classes. The Master & Elite classes will also be included as the Pro Division Wave and will compete at 3 o’clock. Selected Sportsmen’s Series events will also play host to the Extreme Vertical competition which will run typically on Friday’s at 6pm where scheduling permits. For more information on the Dock Dogs Sportsmen’s National Series Schedule and Events please click here.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

right on!
    hope the judge goes on the longer end of the guidelines. have a nice life and way to use your head Mr. Vick. hope you enjoy your time in Federal prison.

FRIVERS2

Just a quick update. Apparently, the NFL Commissioner is not happy with Mr. Vick because he initially lied.

The NFL noted in a statement that the Atlanta Falcons quarterback’s admission wasn’t in line with what he told commissioner Roger Goodell shortly after being charged.

“We totally condemn the conduct outlined in the charges, which is inconsistent with what Michael Vick previously told both our office and the Falcons,” the NFL said.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

I saw that on TV today and could not understand his reasoning. Vick….

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m glad they went out and got the opinion of a true role model.

Marbury’s actually never been convicted of anything, but his, I only want to play in NY attitude is another for the ages.

I would think that Vick’s operation had to include, at one time or another, other high profile athletes. There are probably more than one or two shaking in their shoes right now.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ya I saw that and thought, wow. These guys are a pair of aces to draw to. I’m really curious to see if the judge treats Vick any different than anyone else with their first offense.

I’m also very curious to see how the NFL players association comes to Vicks rescue as soon as the league hands out it’s punishment. It does with every player who recieves a suspension no matter how stupid the guy is.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.