waterfowler99
    Midwest

“your all bark and no bite” –ok thats 6

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Who let the dawgs out???

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”

Sincerely,
    Ron Mexico.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

A classic Denny Green Quote (and an unrelated pic I shot tonight):

Quote:

Sometimes you get to eat the dog, sometimes the dog gets to eat you.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s three words you can say to Michael Vick.

#1 – Idiot.

#2 – Sadist.

#3 – Unemployed. (hopefully)

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

The other night, I watched a segment on one of the news channels about dog fighting. They actually showed footage of several fights. I literally had to hold back tears. How anyone could do this is so far beyond my thinking.

I heard the NFL is working on a deal for Vick to take a PAID leave of absence.

I say we put him in a ring with a few of the dogs and let them have their way with him.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Don’t run with the big dogs if ya pee like a puppy!

GNFISN

I heard the Vikings were talking to him . It’s a dog eat dog world , and he’s got a milk bone a– !

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Here’s three words you can say to Michael Vick.

#1 – Idiot.

#2 – Sadist.

#3 – Unemployed. (hopefully)

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Don’t get your hopes up to high.
    Remember………………O.J.? (money, money, money)
    Remember………………Duke Lacrosse players? (over vealous D.A.)
    Remember……………..this is the NFL we are talking about. It’s all about the money in this league. Time and time again star players have gotten away with breaking the law.

When all is said and done if Aurthor Blanks the team owner doesn’t cut this pig loose then nothing more then a slap on the wrist will be coming.

You can drive drunk, beat people, shoot people, have enough guns for your own private army, but ya beat and “slam” a puppy to death and the wrath of the country will be on you.

Perhaps it’s time to re-evaluate our sports system.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have one word for him [censored]

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

The NFL needs to get tough and ban him for life, not even allow him in the parking lot of an NFL facility.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

The NFL has told him not to come to training camp. Hopefully the NFL will stand up to this and remove him for life. I know it is just for a NFL review, but we can hope the NFL does the right thing.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you can torture, multilate and kill dogs for money and still play in the NFL… what can’t you do?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for LIFE for MUCH less in my opinion.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

He’s innocent until proven guilty. I need to remember that and not talk like he’s been found guilty at this point.

However… the charges filed mention electrocution, savage beatings resulting in death, drownings, etc. If he did these things and is convicted… he needs to go to prison. You can’t play QB from a 10 X 10 cell. Problem solved.

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

Guilt in the courts is a whole lot different than guilt in the court of public oppinion. He will have a hard time convincing anyone that he had no knowledge of the things going on at his property. There was truck loads of dog fighting/training equipment taken out of there. Three words? GET HIM PETA!!!!!! Disclaimer:I’m not a PETA supporter as a rule.

Bernie

bigfritzzz
    hudson

i saw footage of the dog fights also….. makes me ill

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

PETA is already working on his endorsement deals, supposedly something on their webpage but I’m not going to go there to look

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Quote:

Three words? GET HIM PETA!!!!!! Disclaimer:I’m not a PETA supporter as a rule.

I agree…. leave the rest of us alone.

Lars

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

if the federal government indicted him you can almost bet your next paycheck he will be convicted. they don’t hand out indictments unless they are absolutely positive they will convict. since the year 2000 they have a 99% conviction rate. he’s done in the NFL forever.

let’s see how tough this guy is when they put him in Atlanta or Marion. he will become a scrambler for a much different reason!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Let’s see how tough this guy is when they put him in Atlanta or Marion. he will become a scrambler for a much different reason!

He’s going from a quarterback to being a reciever.

VikeFan

I’m not hopping on the “PETA is right for once/torture Michael Vick if he is guilt” bandwagon.

The next time PETA, or some other anti-hunting group criticizes the hunting of coyote or fox with dogs, hunting coyote or fox with rifles, or sport-fishing on the grounds that it is cruel and un-necessary, how are sports-people who wish suffering on Mike Vick going to respond? PETA sees no difference between dog-fighting and fishing–how will all of you explain the difference?

I don’t like dog-fighting either, but animal rights fanatics have justified violence against hunters in the past on the same grounds many people on this thread have wished violence against Vick, if he is found guilty.

Coyote or fox hunting with dogs (I’ve gone along on a few such hunts) often ends with the dogs tearing the fox or coyote to shreds. PETA made a stink over a video of such a hunt on the grounds that it was both cruel and un-necessary. Are any of you wishing torture and violence on Michael Vick in favor of banning the use of hounds in hunting coyote? Coon? Bear? Cougar? Where does this slippery slope end?

Fine, you say–don’t use dogs to hunt coyote or fox. Coyote or fox should only be hunted with rifles. How then, PETA will ask, is shooting a canine (coyote are really no more than a wild dog) any different from killing it with domestic dogs, or fighting them in a pit? The vast majority of wild canine hunters do not eat their prey, so saying we hunt fox and coyote to eat doesn’t work. PETA will then say that there is no difference between shooting a coyote or fox, and fighting domestic dogs, as the canine ends up dead in both cases.

I could go on, all the way to PETA’s opposition to sport-fishing, but you catch my drift of why I don’t think we should be (a) saying PETA is right about anything, and (b) treating Michael VIck like a child molestor if he is found guilty.

I don’t like dog-fighting, because it inflicts completely un-necessary suffering on animals. I don’t like seeing a wounded deer suffer, but I feel no guilt about hunting and eating them. I don’t like seeing dogs fight each other to the death, either. However, I think a lot of people are letting their emotions get the better of them on the Michael Vick issue.

I like dogs, but they are not the moral equivalent of humans. PETA believes that all animals deserve the same legal status as humans, but they base that position on emotion (“look at the poor fish/dog/deer suffer”) than on logic.

Arguing that Michael Vick, a flawed human being but still a human being, deserves some sort of horrid fate because he tortured animals is not so very different from the “logic” that the PETA-linked Animal Liberation Front uses when they threaten hunters or trash medical research labs. I think a hefty fine, some jail time and community service, should be a sufficient punishment for Vick, if he is convicted.

Those of you who feel otherwise than I, don’t complain when PETA turns your own reasoning against you, and argues that anyone who “tortures” fish, deer, or pheasant deserves to be imprisoned and tortured so that they will know what the animals they “murdered” feel like.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I don’t give a hoot what PETA does, says or campaigns for as a result of this indictment. They’re a bunch of whackos that also condone the use of felony tactics, including arson, theft and physical violence, as a means to their stated goals. Forget them. To mention them as a player in this situation is to buy into and propogate their spin.

We have laws on the books against cruelty to animals. Even before anyone even thought of or heard of PETA. Our court system will deal with him. PETA will try to spin their involvement to convince people that they had a hand in the process. With or without PETA this guy will get his day in court and he’ll lose every last endorsement deal.

Quote:

many people on this thread have wished violence against Vick, if he is found guilty.

I agree that advocating violence towards Vick is wrong. My gut tells me that many here making this type of statement are simply voicing frustration over what is clearly a dispicable act(s). This would not excuse the reaction as a whole… only possibly explain it.

I for one to do not wish torture or violence on Mr. Vick should he be guilty of these crimes. I wish incarceration on him. Years of it. So he can sit in a 10 x 10 until his playing years pass him by. I would want him to have endless time to contemplate how much he has lost as a result of using his wealth and influence to propogate such horrible crimes in the pursuit of entertainment and financial gain.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

the thing that is distrubing to me is he doesn’t need the money. he was set to get 1500 bucks a day at the start of training camp and 6 million for the season. he did this purely for entertainment in my opinion.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

he did this purely for entertainment in my opinion.

Quote:

Main Entry: sa·dism
    Pronunciation: ‘sA-“di-z&m, ‘sa-
    Function: noun

2 a : delight in cruelty

The entertainment was derived directly from the cruelty. According to the indictment dogs that could not perform to a degree that satisfied the desire for ever heightened levels of suffering were tortured. At times in front of other dogs as a warning as to what happens to dogs that didn’t fight hard enough, long enough.

Inflicting pain and fear was the basis for the act. Now just try and compare that to fishing.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Falcon team owner Arthur Blank will address the media on this subject at 4PM eastern today.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

OK, I agree with the Humane Society on this one.

I am no PETA lover, tree hugger, or liberal, and understand the concept that a dog is not a human. But to read your response that to me basically says “it is just a dog so it really isn’t that big of a deal” is very sad. If Vick came to my house and slammed my dog into the ground until it died, I wouldn’t say “Hey, that was wrong. But it is only a dog. It’s not like you molested my kid or anything.” I would blow his freaking head off.

People get emotional because many people view a dog the same as a child: defenseless. Most dogs are loyal to their owner no matter what, so even as Vick is slamming a dog on the cement to kill it, the dog remains loyal instead of defending itself (and that is too bad. It would have been a great story to find out one of the dogs turned on him). So people stand up for dog rights just as they do for children’s rights.

I’m sure I will get ripped by the “tough guys” out there, but maybe you should watch the first two videos off the humane society’s page and tell me it doesn’t get you a bit emotional.

Humane society

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I can’t imagine the mindset that one would need to enjoy this activity. I also can’t imagine who would risk so much to do it. Mr. Vick was giving advice to his little brother not to long ago when he was living the entitlement at va tech. I wonder if little brother knew that big bro was allegedely commiting major felonies all the time. I say take his money away a little at a time until it is all gone. His community service should be very long to match the damage he has done. He should be the poster boy for what not to do for every fool that enjoys this.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.