Culpepper to Packers?

• VikeFan

Foxsports and ProFootballTalk.com are reporting un-substantiated rumors that Daunte Culpepper is a candidate to back up Brett Favre in Green Bay, with the possibility of his taking over the starting QB job when Favre finally retires.

This rumor sounds like so much talk, whipped up to make a story out of nothing, so I’m not putting much stock in it. Plus, we Viking fans couldn’t be that lucky. Still, the thought of Daunte Fumblepepper in Packer green and gold is even funnier, in a way, than was the thought of Randy Moss playing for Green Bay.

honda75
    Iowa

Just what the packers need another player to bring them down.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I gotta bridge to sell you guys too.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Even though I realize that there is no validity to any of this it would be a positive move for Culpepper even if he never takes a snap. He will at least be able to tell his grandchildren that he was once a member of the greatest NFL franchise in the history of the game and that after all the years he spent in the NFL that he finally got to be part of a winning team. Every NFL player, whether he admits it or not, wants to play for the Green Bay Packers.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

Even though I realize that there is no validity to any of this it would be a positive move for Culpepper even if he never takes a snap. He will at least be able to tell his grandchildren that he was once a member of the greatest NFL franchise in the history of the game and that after all the years he spent in the NFL that he finally got to be part of a winning team. Every NFL player, whether he admits it or not, wants to play for the Green Bay Packers.

Can you say brain washed

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Ummmmmmmmm, What? I don’t know which one I laughed at more, that brainwashed post or Favre throwing 87 picks last year..

VikeFan

Quote:

Somewhere, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, and Troy Aikman are no doubt losing sleep wishing they could trade careers with Tim Couch and Don Majkowski. Couch and Majkowski both got to play for the Packers, after all (even if Couch never took a snap in the regular season).

Tony Mandarich didn’t win any rings or impress many people in his NFL career, but since he was wearing the big G on his helmet he is undoubtedly the envy of Charles Haley, the only NFL player to win five Super Bowl rings. And Brett Favre won one Super Bowl ring in Green Bay, which is obviously better than winning four or five anywhere else.

Joe Montana may have four Super Bowl rings, but that pales in comparison to the career of Randy Wright, who had the enormous good fortune to play QB for the Packers when Montana started winning championships.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Football season is almost here again. I think the Packers are smart enough to not take players who failed in Minnesota. A little training, some spit and polish and Culpepper could be a middle of the road quarterback again for the vikes just good enough to lose big games.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Take the battle stations there fireing back across the border now boyz!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Quote:

Somewhere, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, and Troy Aikman are no doubt losing sleep wishing they could trade careers with Tim Couch and Don Majkowski. Couch and Majkowski both got to play for the Packers, after all (even if Couch never took a snap in the regular season).

Tony Mandarich didn’t win any rings or impress many people in his NFL career, but since he was wearing the big G on his helmet he is undoubtedly the envy of Charles Haley, the only NFL player to win five Super Bowl rings. And Brett Favre won one Super Bowl ring in Green Bay, which is obviously better than winning four or five anywhere else.

Joe Montana may have four Super Bowl rings, but that pales in comparison to the career of Randy Wright, who had the enormous good fortune to play QB for the Packers when Montana started winning championships.

The ironic thing is, not one person you mentioned ever won ANYTHING playing for the Vikings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.