Favorite Country Music

• bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Loading up the Ipod for a few redneck activities… So i need some input on some good music that would set the mood for what we are going to be doing, specifically mudding and blowing up a few things on my buddies land when school gets out for the summer. I think it would be nice to have some back ground music for these activities. Well lets see what anyone has to share we already have a few good ones like Hilbilly deluxe and Hicktown. Thanks,
    Nick

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

i need some input on some good music that would set the mood for what we are going to be doing, specifically mudding and blowing up a few things

The theme song to deliverence?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Pantera ‘Cowboys From Hell’

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’ll second Blue Fleck’s suggestion!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

The theme song to deliverence?

heh… Dueling Banjos. Had that for my ringtone on my cell phone for quite some time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The Amazing Cherry Bombs…my favorite tune when the Favorite Wife isn’t around.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Here is a list of my favorite country music songs and artists…

Seriously, if you are going to blow things up then I’d suggest the Electric album from The Cult. If you’re not a big fan of 1980’s creepy hair bands then how about Wagner’s Flight of the Valkyries? Check out this link to see the music “in action.” Flight of the Valkyries

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I’d suggest the Electric album from The Cult

Now you’re talking.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Anything by Lynyrd Skynyrd goes good with mud, beer, and
    blowing $#!t up!!

Have you heard of them?

Have fun!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Easy, anything by Big and Rich.
    Toss in a little Gretchen Wilson, and some Montgomery Gentry, and you are in!

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

and some Montgomery Gentry, and you are in!

They’re blowing stuff up, not ‘hunting’ bears….

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Hey Brian, It’s hard to kiss those lips at night. If that’s the song I’m thinking about, it would be by the notorius cherry bombs.

BassKing,Give these a listen. Hank III, The Gourds(gin and juice), Old Crow Medicine Show, Robert Earl Keen, The Geezenslaw Brothers. If you like those and want more send me a pm.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Hank Jr.’s, “All my Rowdy Friends”. Brad Paisley’s “Ticks”, just because its funny! Throw in his song “Alcohol” and you should be all set.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I hope this is a joke your much to young to be listening to Country music…..

bigpike

OK since I’ll take you as sincere and the guy’s have been picking on you enough, here is some great country music to listen too- Anything from Charlie Daniels Band, Hank Williams Jr. older stuff though his recent release of Almeria Club is his best in years. Any of the outlaw country from Waylon Jennings. Of course Willie Nelson is great. If you go with the greatest hits from these artist you wont be dissapointed……

showags
    Hastings, MN

David Allan Coe, Hank Jr, Merle

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

These are actual country songs
    1. I would rather hear a Fat girl fart then hear a pretty boy sing
    2. Truckin’ Son’s of Mitch’s

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Country music just doesn’t cut it especially when it comes to explosions and such. The only good country is really old country but none of that would work for what you want. Southern fried rock might work but if you really want some firey tunes to put that exclamation point on your activities then I suggest a little 70’s rock and roll. AC/DC comes to mind for explosive music. Hell’s Bells comes to mind. Besides today’s country music is more rock and roll than it is country. The trouble is that is still isn’t quite rock and roll.

Eyehunter

col._klink
    St Paul

You got to love Willie, Hank, Merle, Cash the good old boys.

But you have got to download some Stevie Ray Vaughn!

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

A little Kenny Chesney Back Where i Come From is a classic. Also a little Jimmy Buffet Bama Breeze is also a great tune.

Ferlin Cobb
    minneapolis, mn

Hank III
    Wayne the Train
    The rest of the good ones are dead

superdave
    NE IA

Maybe some ring of fire?

I agree with eyehunter, if you want to blow stuff up, nothings better than AC/DC!

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

You got it Farmboy. There is nothing like a little David Allan Coe.

showags
    Hastings, MN

D.A.C-Jack Daniels if you please, If that ain’t country, Long Haired Outlaw, and the best, “You never call me by my name”
    Classic Country-Ernest Tubb, Hank Sr., Ray Price
    Also, best southern rock/country- Marshall Tucker Band

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I just heard the perfect mudding/hell raising song on the radio. “If you want to get to heaven you have to raise a little hell” by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. Not pure country and not pure rock and roll but a great song just the same and I can’t think of any song I’d rather listen to while raising a little hell.

Eyehunter

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Looks like we have a few closet David Allen Coe fans around

showags
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Looks like we have a few closet David Allen Coe fans around

There is nothing “closet” about it, I would tell you some of my favorite songs of his, but I don’t think the language would be appropriate for this website.

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

David Allan Coe: Longhaired Redneck

Montgomery Gentry: Gone; You do your thing, i’ll do mine; Something to be proud of;

I guess their entire last album

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.