Didnt think it would hurt anything huh???

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well this is what I found in my neighborhood this morning.
    Yes I live within sight of a couple lakes but this is the first time I have found something like this! People think it wont hurt anything! Well it does and it is also a mess to deal with in a prop. So please people be responsible and put trash where it belongs and dont think just this one time wont hurt anything..

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

A sad picture indeed ……
    Another request…..save all that line until you find a tackle shop that has a recycling bin…It’s hard on the landfills too… and is easy to make into new line.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

WE we’re the lucky this opener! I caught a bunch of line with about a 4 oz. egg sinker and my buddy caught a rug! We thought it might be a body! Every little bit counts!

coppertop
    Central MN

Not good at all. Probably belongs to the same dirtball I saw Fri morning on my way to work. He was walking along the road with fishing pole in hand smoking a cig and having his Mountain Dew breakfast but was so kind to wait till I passed to drop kick his empty bottle in the ditch. Who knows this robin could have picked it out of a garbage can for nesting material but we all need pick up after ourselves and unfortunately others as well.

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

Recycle….GOOD Idea. Never thought about it until now. I’ll talk to my friends next door at PureFishing to see if they have a program.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

At least if you cannot recycle, it take the line and wrap it around a few of your fingers and cut it up into a trash bag in 1 inch pieces.At least it will not get tangled like in the picture.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Take an empty coffee can. Cut a star pattern in the plastic lid. Add rocks for weight. Keep this in your boat. It’s easy to ball up old line and stick it through the star cuts into the can. The lid will keep it from blowing out when trailering and running across the water. When bass fishing I always breakoff 2-3 feet of line when I re-tie. I found this to be the best way to handle old line.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I actually snagged up with old fishing several times this spring since the opener. As a matter of fact, I think I may have caught more line this year than lost jigs to other snags!!! The most memorable was the piece that had a stick, Swedish Pimple and dead crawfish in it. Now I hope it was a rusty, but still.

Mark

kellyb
    Prior Lake, MN

Quote:

Take an empty coffee can. Cut a star pattern in the plastic lid. Add rocks for weight. Keep this in your boat. It’s easy to ball up old line and stick it through the star cuts into the can. The lid will keep it from blowing out when trailering and running across the water. When bass fishing I always breakoff 2-3 feet of line when I re-tie. I found this to be the best way to handle old line.

I do the same, then periodically take the lid off and hit it quick with the torch. Melts the mono down into a glob at the bottom so no messes like the above pic.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Hey Coppertop, I thought for a second that I was the dirtball you’re referencing here. But then I noticed that it was the wrong type of soda.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.