Brett Favre Asks For Trade

• VikeFan

ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre asked to be traded after this year’s NFL draft. Favre told GM Thompson that he wanted to play for a team that was ready to win now, while the Packers appear to be in re-building mode. Favre was especially angry that the Packers did not make a deal for Randy Moss, who was traded to New England for a fourth-round pick.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Don’t belive anything espn says, they were right on with the Randy trade before the draft. ESPN is the national enquire of sports.(a bunch of washed up sports guys that like to here themselves talk.)

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Sorry, I guess it’s true, but things have been worked out. But I still stay with my opinion of ESPN (bunch of blowhards).

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Favre has since calmed down and no longer wants to be traded. This is a toss up for me being a lifelong Packers fan. I love Brett Favre and was very happy that he decided to give it another season but I absolutely did not want that arrogant *#@$(! Moss on the Packer roster. Favre seemed so pumped about the up and coming team that he announced early that he was returning now we hear that he wanted Moss? I for one am glad that Favre got over his temper tantrum and that Moss is not going to be a Packer. I mean even the scummy Vikings don’t want Moss. He may be a great athlete but he is not good for the game of football.

Eyehunter

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Since you called the Vikings scummy, I’ll add my 2 pennies. I think it’s pretty darn funny that Burt holds his team hostage for the last three years. Will I retire? Won’t I retire? Then as soon as the Moss deal falls through, Burt wants a trade. Sure he retracted his statement, the damage is already done.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

“You didn’t get ME Randy Moss…….I’m going to cry about it!Give me a trade!”

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I get a huge kick out of this as well, very comical. Cheeseland hates Moss and thinks he’s the scum of the earth. Then Fav-re wants him and all followers then want him as well. Then Fav-re says he wants a trade and the cheeseheads don’t know what to think. Then he doesn’t want a trade and everyone is back off the ledge. It doesn’t seem that Burt is very committed to this organization,,like what was said, I wanna play, I don’t wanna play, wait, I wanna play but for another team.. Goodness, i’m wondering if Packer fans know which way to drive to get to work this morning.. Thanks for the entertainment Burt.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

You Viqueen fans make me laugh!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You never heard Moss crying like a baby asking for trade.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

“Cheeseland hates Moss and thinks he’s the scum of the earth. Then Fav-re wants him and all followers then want him as well. Then Fav-re says he wants a trade and the cheeseheads don’t know what to think. Then he doesn’t want a trade and everyone is back off the ledge.”

This here quote might be true with the small circle of Cheeseheads you know, I think I run with a pretty large group of Cheeseheads myself, not a single one wanted that Moss guy in the green and gold, not one period! We even contaplated what we would do if he was a member. So where do you get your facts? Don’t lump us all together in your thought process. Bret deserves the best people around him, if he sees progress, he will be a bit more content.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I guess reading this post, either Burts an idiot, and doesn’t know talent (wanting Moss) or the cheeseheads are right and Burt is wrong… either way, shows how deep Burts loyalty to the pack is… pretty sad day in cheese land IMHO.

big g

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I won’t even discuss the Moss thing….I’m glad he went to the Pats because now I can stop flipping this coin. If any of you Vike fans read any further than the front page of the Pioneer Press, one of Bret’s reason’s for coming back is the Packers made it clear they were going to make some acquisitions to make a run for the superbowl. I guess Bret feels that Moss was one of those players, and the Packers front office did not. Bret expressed himself just as he did with Javon Walker and to me that just says he’s not afraid to say what he feels.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Quote:

I guess reading this post, either Burts an idiot, and doesn’t know talent (wanting Moss) or the cheeseheads are right and Burt is wrong… either way, shows how deep Burts loyalty to the pack is… pretty sad day in cheese land IMHO.

big g

I’m thinking Favre’s loyalty to the Pack is pretty strong seeing how he intends on staying. I can see Favre’s point where the club had the chance to pick up a very talented receiver for next to nothing. Favre is looking at the big picture while most of us Packer fans are looking more towards the arrogant a$$ * that nobody wanted to see in a Packer uniform. I would have to guess that over 75% of Packer fans would not have wanted Moss on the roster. Now that Bret has gotten over it he’ll concentrate on working with what he does have. He said that he was very impressed with the progress the young team made last season. The OL came into their own in the 2nd half of last season and the D grew by leaps and bounds. By the end of the season they were playing the best FB in the NFC North. Just ask Rex Grossman and the Bears.

bodlem

We will See you Cheeseheads in the toilet bowl match-up for last place in the NFC.

Oh yea by the way none of the pro athletes are worth the money they are paid for something we would do for fun-I am not a packer fan but a big Favre fan and I think there are a lot of worse players out there than Moss to acquire. He was pretty fun to watch lighting up the green in gold on Monday night- do you think that is maybe why none of you want to admit he would look good catching 15-20 tds from Favre. I would like to see Bret have that chance.

jld
    Holmen

Chill out Queen fans. As a Packer fan I did want Moss. Favre is off base here with the Packers organization. When it became apparent that the Patriots were interested in Moss Moss basically said thanks Bret for getting the Pack interested in me but I want to play for a team that can win the Super Bowl this year and the Pats give me the best chance now. Moss was only going to redo his deal for one team-the Patriots. He basically said anybody else will have to take my current deal if they want me and the Packers made the right choice. Moss is not worth 10 mill the next two years. How can you say Favre held the Packers hostage this year? He announced in late Jan that he was coming Back. Did he hold them hostage last year? Yes, but this year, no way.
    P.S. I hear the Queens are going to install a set of rear view mirrors on Williamson’s helmet this year because he has a blind spot-yeah blind spot that’s why he drops everything.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I just wish Brett would do what he thought J Walker should do.

“Shut up and play out your contract.” “You signed the contract, now honor it.”

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

I just wish Brett would do what he thought J Walker should do.
    “Shut up and play out your contract.” “You signed the contract, now honor it.”

SteveO is the kind of Packer fan I like.

jld
    Holmen

Can somebody tell me were Favre is complaining about his contract; that doesn’t make sense. Did he say was going to hold out if they didn’t get him an receiver? If your’e going to make blanket statements have them pertain to the subject at hand please.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I don’t know, I would think the contract stated something about playing for the Packers. I guess if he doesn’t want to play for the team he signed with then that’s maybe considered not honering a contract. Maybe some of the contract comments are geared towards Favre not wanting to play for the team he signed for.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I guess when your a Vikes fan, the best news you can comment about is if Bret is gonna leave or not. Sure isn’t anything worth talking about in the purple camp. Who’s your QB anyway? Precarious Jackson or something like that?

VikeFan

We Viking fans do have a strong-armed young quarterback and an elite rookie running back. Both of them have futures, which is more than Favre can say.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Bret has a future in the hall of fame, so don’t be so quick to point out that Bret has no future, he’s going to be put out to stud.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Bret has a future in the hall of fame, so don’t be so quick to point out that Bret has no future, he’s going to be put out to stud.

Just to add a point here, name a Vik. who is going to be in the hall of fame ?? Anyone, Anyone ??

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

To be perfectly honest…I think rather than Favre being traded to a different team….he should just retire! I know he is trying to play this sports god and break a record but lets face it is getting really to old to play a young man’s sport. Otherwise, when he gets injuired and it would only be a matter of time we wont have to listen to his coach & team whine! Not to mention, if he retires now we can still talk about his great plays and times he was a good player rather than being a washed up player. ~Tara~

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

How many Packer fans does it take to change a light bulb????????????????????????????????????

ANSWER: 3

1 to change the bulb,, and 2 to talk about how great the old one was.

I disagree with wanting Favre to retire: I think it’s hilarious watching ol’ number 4 toss 25 picks a year and holding his team in rebuilding mode for another year. Every year he plays is another year the new QB doesn’t get on field experience.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Can you really blame Favre for being frustrated? Have the Packers ever gone out and signed a stud WR since he’s been there??? I think he has good reason to be pissed off.

I like the Vikes pick in the draft, but they’re in desperate need of a QB, Jackson is NOT the answer.

Just my 2 cents.

jld
    Holmen

HA. That’s a good one, very original, never heard that one before. At least the Pack has some history to speak of. I would take “old #4” over 75% of the QB’s in the NFL. Ask Bear fan if they would have taken Favre on their team last year. As for Favre holding the team back why do the GM and head coach continue to say they want him here? If they were truly rebuilding they would have done somthing to get rid of him last year. He is still the QB of this team because he gives them the best chance to win yet.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

How many Packer fans does it take to change a light bulb????????????????????????????????????

ANSWER: 3

1 to change the bulb,, and 2 to talk about how great the old one was.

Quote:

HA. That’s a good one, very original, never heard that one before. At least the Pack has some history to speak of.

Hilarious!!!!!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

What has Favre done the last 2 years to really help out this team? Is he a leader hell yes he “was” he still is a good person to have around for experience but my god Rogers is gonna be 30 before he sees the grass out there cause Favre is helping out this team the last 2 years instead? I am not burning bridges here at all infact Pro ball I could care less about at all I am a college football fan so teams do not mean a whole lot to me. I just do not see what good he is doing for this organization right now at all!! Once they finally give Favre the boot it will take Rogers how long to get the experience needed to be consistant on the field and have the trust in himself let alone the team to be a contender as well…..In reality this little Favre drama the last 2 years should have ended witht he front office saying see ya later it is time to Bring Rogers in than, but that would not be right either with all the history he has in Cheese country but seriously what good is this doing for the organization people! There thats my .02 cents

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.