Sharing the lake with others…

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Out fishing and after this loon coming up right in between my bobber and my boat and getting tangled in the fishing line, it was a relaxing feeling after getting him freed up and in return he stuck around and kept swimming within hands reach from the boat singing his tune. It was nice having his company so close with no fear of man even after our first situation together..

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

One more..

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Cool the biggest thing I miss from living up north is their song at sunset. Chippman

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

It is something I enjoy morning and evening sitting out on the water listening to nature in its finest hours. I was so worked up when this Loon came up at my line and swam right into it my stomach acvhed in pain as it dived down tugging at the line and I opened the bail trying to figure out what to do next. Then he surfaced again and the line was no longer moving so I started to reel in slowly to see if I felt any tension and it was free at last. It probably took 3 minutes but felt like an hour. When I got it all reeled back ion the loon kept coming back and circling my boat singing away..
    this bird knew exactly what to do to free himself up and I am happy for him.. The ending result was I had a companion to fish with for about 15 more minutes before his mate showed up and they swam off across the bay. I ended up cutting about 20 feet of line off and retying since he mauled my line up pretty good freeing himself. Yes my line removed was placed in a 20 ounce bottle and sealed up til I could dispose of it properly..

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That is way cool Glen
    The first picture makes great wallpaper, Thanks

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey glen,

thanks for the nice shot, made that one my desktop background. that was an awsome picture. nice shooting, are you related to bruce jenner???

shane

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

No relations there… Isnt he a tennis player???

jiggineyes15
    Iowa

“are you related to bruce jenner???”
    Isnt he a tennis player???

Didn’t Bruce Jenner compete in the Olympics for the decathlon? I remember him from the Wheaties box.

When I saw the “Sharing the lake with others…” I wasn’t sure what the topic would be. Great giving way to nature. Of course I was thinking about those wave runners flying past you as you just moved into the perfect spot or that boat that drops anchor in the middle of your drift that you have been working.

Any other fishing etiquette that gets over looked?

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

It was a pleasure reading your post.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

No relations there… Isnt he a tennis player???

he used to be a spokeman for cannon before Andre took over. he used to get the same shots like Andre used to, action shots of people.

shane

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.