Aqua-Vu Poor customer relations

• garster

I bought an Aqua-Vu spool camera for $599.00 1 year and 2 months ago. The first winter it worked fine. I used it about 3 or 4 times. Then I brought it out this winter and used it the first time and I noticed it was flickering a little. I thought it was the battery or something. The next time I brought it out there was nothing. I called Aqua-Vu and they said I would have to send it in. So I did. They called back and said it was the camera. I told them I only used it 4 or 5 times and it was just over a year old. They said it only has a 1 year warranty. I said they must have screwed up when they put it together and she said they are made in China. I take very good care of everything I have so it wasn’t abused. She said they couldn’t do anything about it, because it was over a year. I was stupid and sent the warranty card in right away when I bought it. End of story, I will never buy anything from them again.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thats sad to hear..Considering I have an aqua vu with its fair share of problems I bought it off ebay..And there were no problems with it. The guy used it once he said. well It worked great but after a few weeks, things started going down the toilet. The monitor kept popping off revealing the internal parts. I had to use tape and rubber bands to keep it together. now when you turn it on, you have to tap the side to get the image Also, The fish part of the camera has broken many times. The tail, fins etc. Superglue has done the trick, but it will continue to keep breaking until I buy a new fish for 20 bucks .. last but not least, screw things that hold it to the shuttle have snapped. Super glue again is my only way of temporarily fixing this. It works but after a couple more weeks, I’ll have to glue it back together again not a quality product, not a quality service. Time to buy a marcum camera

shaley
    Milford IA

I had a moniter go out on my scout 3 weeks after warrtenty went off I called and they sent me a new one no charge and a pre paid sticker to return the broken one. I called them at 4pm on a Monday had the new moniter on my steps Wensday.

Even after them taking care of me like that I will be buying Marcums in the future. They work for my needs better than the Aqua Vu

bobberstop4054

I bought the cabelas one for 179.00 and it is a 7 inch screen. Works great no problems.Cabelas backs there stuff with their name on it. Advanced Angler is the name of it.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

I stepped on my cable with my ice cleats and had to call them. Sent it in and it was back in just over a week. The only problem I’ve had with mine in over 5 years. I thought my customer service was great when I talked to them also.

2Fishy4U

My kid has had problems with the Agua-Vu, albeit the service has been OK. On our end the problem seems to rest with the quality of the product.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hunter!
    Do not give up yet!

The person you talked to probably doesn’t have the authority to give you the repair for free.

Call back and ask for “that person’s” supervisor.
    IF that supervisor can’t help you……..ask for his supervisor…….Don’t give up. Also, in this process of “asking for their supervisor”, GET the supervisor’s name FIRST prior to asking to speak to that person. Name and title!!!!!!

Sooner or later, you will finally speak with someone who has the authority to give you a new part for free, plus free shipping. Just keep going up the chain of command until you find the right person who has this authority.

Trust me…….this will work and is worth spending the time on the phone with. It might take you an hour……Possibly 2. But it is worth it in my book.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Gary is right. Warranty time limits mean little in this day and age. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have an Aqua View Scout, and have nothing to complain about. Haven’t ever had to use their customer service, going on 3 years !!! Good luck.

big g

wonder why she would go out of her way to say, “they are made in China” ? I’m sure it says that right on the box…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

wonder why she would go out of her way to say, “they are made in China” ? I’m sure it says that right on the box…

Big G;
    That is why I think he should call back. I assume this person is probably at the bottom of the “authority list” to make any decsions. Probably just the receptionist, where it isn’t her authority to give any variance to any warranties or sevice work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.