Boat Ramp Vandalism

• pbitschura

Three boaters returned To the 7th Street Landing in Lacrosse after a night of sandbar camping to discover their tires had been slashed overnight. What can one say about the s.o.b.s that think this kind of domestic terrorism is a hoot?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What really seems to bother me is that this seems to be an annual occurance. Landings getting vandalized, property destroyed, goods stolen………….I feel for everyone who’s been a victim. Losing the things you’ve worked hard to rightfully own is a tough pill to swallow. I’d hate to degrade the comfort of my freedom to this level but I’m tempted to buy onboard surveillance (sp?) because of things like this.

Hopefully the guilty will be caught and they’ll realize the error of their choices.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

What happened here was terrible no doubt, and I can only imagine how angry those people are.

I hate to be nitpicky under those conditions, but I’d like to see people be a little bit more cautious with the words domestic terrorism. Since the war on terror started, everyone from Paul Begala to Bill O’reilly has been calling anything they don’t like domestic terrorism in an effort to get the government to crack down.

Terrorism, by definition, involves the targeting of innocents for political reasons. If these were PETA or ELF people slashing tires or throwing nails in the ramp parking lot, then it would qualify. If it was just some scumbag kids in desperate need of a whoopin’ it does not.

Right now, it seems we don’t know.

pbitschura

Do bass tournament participants qualify under your definition? I’m with you on the other thing. Smiles from LaCrosse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.