Brett Favre is coming back

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Why not come back…The guy can still play. One of the best ever. I know Viking fans hate him…And only because of one reason….HE IS DAM GOOD! GO PACK!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

And the marriage continues

bigpike

I love that, Madden loves him because he is great. 3 time MVP, 10 playoff seasons, 6 Division Championships, Three NFC champion games, Two Super Bowls, 1 Super Bowl Victory- All the records. Keep laughing it up King fans…..

big_g
    Isle, MN

Viking fans know, that sweeping the Vikes in 06 was not a great accomplishment, he is still gunning scared… he is older, and definitely NOT wiser !!

big g

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

i like how at the begining of this year, farve said that this years team was the best he has ever worked with. riiiggghhhhttt!!! (even though they beat the vikes)

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I am a packer/Favre fan but just love that picture.
    GO PACK

bigpike

It is truelly a “classic”

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I thought my last post was #667. At least that is what it said. If it was 666 I don’t care as I’m not a supersticious person (knock on wood).

Eyehunter

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Looks like a couple easy victories for the purple.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I just dont understand why the pack fans are so happy?? I FULLY understand why I am. That just means the division will belong to either us or the bears…

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Vikefan,

Sounds like you work for a paper and are talking Super Bowl already for next year. AT least you guys have high hopes every season, but you sure get let down a lot. If I remember correctly the Vikings were suppose to win the division this year and at least finished 2nd….I am thinking that didn’t happen….correct me if I am wrong. Give them props for having the most expensive left side of the line in the NFL though!!!! They spent the money….Just didn’t work:(!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I think it’s good that he didn’t waste so much time this year in making his decision. Last year it was all about him, which could have really hurt the Pack if he woulda retired. I like the guy as much as anyone, but he’s getting closer to becoming the definition of the guy who stuck around tooooo long.

jld
    Holmen

Gunning scared??? That is makes NO sense. Sounds like bunch of jealous to me. Don’t worry, come mid Oct Queen fans will be knocking each other over jumping off their bandwagon again. I don’t really care if they go to the Super Bowl; I just love watching the guy compete.
    P.S. Queens fans, your BEST coach is now in Pittsburg.

muskybuck
    Coon Rapids, MN

I just love these Packer vs Viking threads. Nothing better.
    I think that is the real reason they booted me off FM. (twice)

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

What have yoou been smokin’ vikefan77.?
    The Purple came REAL close to taking the division this year? What were you guys this year 7-9? Quite an improvement from 9-7 and you had the same team. Good luck next year.

big_g
    Isle, MN

To clear up for some, gunning scared is just gunning the ball out there, instead of throwing it away or getting sacked, like a younger Favre did. Only to get closer to the int. record… The Vikings are mediocre in ’07, just like the Pack…

big g

jldii

Quote:

What have yoou been smokin’ vikefan77.?
    The Purple came REAL close to taking the division this year? What were you guys this year 7-9? Quite an improvement from 9-7 and you had the same team. Good luck next year.

No Steve, we were 6-10…Get your facts straight.

2Fishy4U

How silly; hope I can hang on to this post till the 2007 season.

Minnesota is much ado about nothing, and except for the Bud Grant years always has been. The Bears deserve a lot of credit and I hope they win the Super Bowl, albeit I am a die hard Packer Fan.

bigpike

My question to the King fans is this. QB’s in the North are Kitna, Grossman, Johnson and Favre. Out of that bunch who would you want if you needed to win THE game? Bear fans will find out what Grossman is made of Sunday but his season and career has been very, very, very uneven. He has benefited from a great D and special teams. I won’t even count Kitna he is a journeyman and I think the King fans will even admit Johnson is done- another journeyman. So In this division as things stand Favre at 38 years of age is the best it has to offer. With has cannon arm, his knowledge of the game, his leadership and all the intangibles. Ted Thompson made it a point to Favre that he intends to upgrade the WR position and Favre is actually wanting Randy Moss in Green and Gold. They are friends. Also Ted wants another back along with Green and a TE that can catch down field. In other words they plan on upgrading the skill position on the offense and let the D continue to gel. Its the basic blue print for rebuilding a team. Build your lines and D and allow them to gel then finish off with skill players. If he actually pulls it off and gives Favre a few more weapons I like the chances we have. The Bears will have the Superbowl hangover (can we say Seattle) and the Lions are the Lions- they suck no matter what. The Vikings havent been the same since they Had Green with Billick and Dungy as coordinaters. My story book ending is a Elway ending for Favre. Probably wont happen but that is my dream.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Just sayin Im happy for u… or us… its a win win i guess P.S. Jackson

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

He is the class of the feild in the NFL. He is a first ballot hall fo famer and absolute iron man. Manning is good, Brady is too, but neither measure up to Brett.

As for the queen fans. Talk all the smack you want. The last time you guys had someone under center even remotely as talented as Brett, you actually played outdoors.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Cant measure up to what brett?? the old one (who sucks) or the younger one (who didnt suck as much)???? Id say that Brett, even at his prime, is half the QB that manning is…but… Heres a toast to rose colored glasses

col._klink
    St Paul

Is there a football game this weekend?

All I know the Gophers Mens Hockey has a big 5 game weekend!

Football what’s that who is this Favre guy anyways?

rmartin
    United States

Remembering the 5 Stages of Grief, there seems to be a few people from the west side of the river in Denial here!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Quote:

——————————————————————————–

Bet you he beats the Vikings twice again this year!

——————————————————————————–

How much? I’ll take a piece of that action

How bout a 6 pack of your favorite malted beverage to say my favorite, even if I lose it will be worth waiting for…

You’re on….and luck for you, you are close to Chippewa Falls, big fan of Honey Weis

bigpike

OK big D you have yourself a bet, I will choose New Castle Brown Ale I’ll send you a PM so we remember the bet 10 months from now, then we can bring this post back to rub a little dirt in the whoever has the wound. Good Luck, and if I was in Vegas I would lay money on you, because the bet is for sure in your favor- Not that I mind!!!!!!! 6 toast’s for six beers!

chippee
    sw wi

i knew he would make his announcement this weekend afterall it is the biggest weekend in the nfl and since he cant make it to the game to get any press this his is only way of trying to soak up some of the limelight. every year he comes back i think he is just delaying a turnaround for the pack so let him keep coming back. bears 35 colts 0

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

You actually believe their defense can put up 35 points????

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.