Brett Favre is coming back

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Just announced that he is coming back one more year

jld
    Holmen

This is great news I believe for Packer fans and for football fans in general. I am sure the Queen fans will make all kinds of noise about this but he ‘s back . I would take an old number 4 over Travesty Jackson any day. Good to hear.

bigpike

Bet you he beats the Vikings twice again this year!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

WOOHOOO!!!!!! I am sure glad he decided to come back. I hope he plays forever!!!!!!

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

He may, but you better hope they don’t get into the playoffs, because you know what happens when the Vikes play the pACK in the playoffs…

whiskeyandwater
    ????

good now I can start collecting my bets from all the packerfans that doubted. Glad he’s coming back. going to be sad to watch him leave, plus I cant imagine him leaving winning his last game against my Bears.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I’m so happy right now. With the young and improoving team intact and Brett returning the Pack will once again be back on top of the NFC north right where God intended them to be. Happy days are here again.

Eyehunter

muskybuck
    Coon Rapids, MN

That’s great news!!

Maybe the Vikes can get Culpepper back too.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

The hair will be a little more grey …The back that much more brittle …His fear of getting hit will make him duck to the ground that much quicker …Throwing those typical stupid passes up for grabs into triple coverage will happen more often …Bottom line here is “Gitty Up” Bret…We Viking fans welcome you back !!!RR

bigpike

Yes he will have the INT record, He also will have the TD record, most wins by a QB record, most yards record, most games started record and on and on and on and on….what a legend

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

The hair will be a little more grey …The back that much more brittle …His fear of getting hit will make him duck to the ground that much quicker …Throwing those typical stupid passes up for grabs into triple coverage will happen more often …Bottom line here is “Gitty Up” Bret…We Viking fans welcome you back !!!RR

Very nice!!!!!!!!!

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Hey eyehunter, did you happen to notice the number of your last post about Green Bay. Hope its not a sign of things to come. . Glad to have him back. Go Pack.

jld
    Holmen

I fully expected the typical responses from that side of the river. Bring’m on. Nothing you can say will take away from this historical day. How terrible it would be to own all of those records

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I don’t understand why the Vike fans are so happy.
    He swept you last year with the youngest team in football. Bring out the broom again in ’07.

snowster
    Rochester MN

Quote:

That’s great news!!

Maybe the Vikes can get Culpepper back too.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

He may, but you better hope they don’t get into the playoffs, because you know what happens when the Vikes play the pACK in the playoffs…

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE

THE VIKES HAVE TO GET THERE ALSO

WELCOME BACK # 4

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Now the Pack needs to get some more quality receivers for Brett to throw the ball to! Donald Driver needs help out there!

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Just like the pACK did this year, right?

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Just like the pACK did this year, right?

Got a broom, I feel another sweep coming

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Does his A.A.R.P kick in this year too that right go JETS lol

mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

What a GREAT day

ErikHendo
    Crosslake, MN

I love the packers and Brett is the one quarterback that isn’t afraid to block or throw a questionable pass. His recievers have to learn to fight for the ball like how Randy Moss did in his earlier years. (I said earlier years!) It’s gonna be great watching Brett again this year. They’ll be tough this year if they can grow as a team in the off season…..They’re still a very young team.

2Fishy4U

Super, and I am glad he decided early on. Had he decided to retire so many of us packer fans would have suffered severe depressions.

Now it is time to win a few more games, make the playoffs and go from there.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Quote:

How much? I’ll take a piece of that action

2Fishy4U

One more post, which is self-explanotory.

Column: What A Waste
    Email This Story | Print This Story

It was New Year’s Eve at my parents’ house in Beloit, Wis. I’m snapping photos of my two girls in front of the tree in their new No. 4 Packers jerseys they got for Christmas. The resurgent Packers are embarrassing the Bears on their own field, even though the Bears are so serious about this game that they’re faking a punt and playing their starters. The announcer says Favre has surgery scheduled for the next day on his ankle, clearly indicating he’s maximizing recovery time and thus coming back next year. Life doesn’t get any better in Cheeseland, except for the restaurant owners who are losing millions because people are staying home on New Year’s Eve and watching this beat-down.

Then comes the curve ball. John Madden tells us to watch Brett’s eyes in the post-game interview because that will tell whether he’s coming back. And with Auld Lang Syne playing in the background, the man of steel is crying. The words coming out of his mouth indicate we’ve just seen his last game.

It doesn’t make any sense. The team’s on the rise. He is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league. He’s inches away from all the big records. And he gets a paltry $11 million per year for playing the game he loves.

And all I can think is, “What a waste.” I think Madden said the same thing, but tears were popping out of my eyes, and I can’t remember exactly what was said, because none of it was making any sense. I had just watched the Bears starter complete two passes to his team, three more to the Packers, for an “Animal House” passer rating of 0.00, and that guy is heading toward the Super Bowl while our guy, who’s beaten the Bears 22 out of 30 times, appeared to be heading toward retirement.

I don’t think he understands what he means to the state of Wisconsin. I vividly remember Vince Lombardi’s departure to Washington, and the interest in it at the time. And I’ve carefully gauged the impact of Brett Favre in the state, from the things people wear, to the way they live their lives. I try to explain to my co-workers here in Louisville how I believe Brett Favre has actually become bigger than Lombardi, as blasphemous as that sounds.

I realize it’s a personal decision for him. I’ve read all of his comments. But the guy is incredible. From Chicago, to Philadelphia, to Denver and beyond, count the number of teams that would be likely Super Bowl contenders if he were rifling passes downfield for them. And the Packers aren’t far away.

What a waste of talent. What a waste of enthusiasm. What a waste of everything good about football, if Brett Favre walks away right now.

John Boel is a Wisconsin native who anchors at WISN 12’s sister station in Louisville, Ky. He’s also a a die-hard Packers fan.
    Co

bigpike

Now to make the off season complete for the Packer fans is the answer to this question: Is Sad Johnson coming back to lead the Vikings…..one can only hope

GNFISN

Bear , and “Queen fans just love it dont you !! Even you cant deny the stats – the LEGEND lives on!! ———–<()<
    GO-PACK-GO !! (oh yea, Indy 34 – “daBears” 17 ) Maybe next decade Ditka)

bigpike

——————————————————————————–

——————————————————————————–

How much? I’ll take a piece of that action

How bout a 6 pack of your favorite malted beverage to say my favorite, even if I lose it will be worth waiting for…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.