Deet Alternatives

• carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Does anyone have any tried and true alternatives to using deet? I am heading to Florida again and the no see ums eat me like candy when I am there. I have a deet allergy though. I actually have scars from the bites of these buggers. Please….only tell me stuff that has really worked, I cant afford to take any chances.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Lou~
    P.M. Hardhitter26 he has the same allergy to DEET and I know when fishing with him he has some other brand stuff that works and he swears by the stuff.. I will call him and tell him to log on..

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Lou,

I have really good luck with citranella(sp?) based repellants. I dont know if I am allergic to deet, but it feels like I am on fire when it hits my skin.

The citranella stuff works great, and smells much better. THere are many different brands of repellant that use it, read the back of the bottle. I belive most *kids* type repellants are citranella.

hardhitter_26
    Annandale, Mn

Lou I can’t remember the name of the stuff I used and can’t find the bottle I believe it is a white bottle with a pale green label, it says right on the bottle deet free. It’s a lotion type, and this stuff works really good for me. I had a really bad breakout from deet 3 years ago. I had the worst hives, whole face, arms, and legs were swollen. Dr. told me to try that lotion stuff and I haven’t had a problem since. I think it is some kind of Aloe and Citranella in this.

Fireash911
    Holmen, WI.

Maybe I am way off here, but I thought that Avon had a product called “skin so soft” that word somewhat decent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.