Cabelas hydrotroll

• will shoop

Was wondering if anyone has tried one of these. I am looking to put on trolling plate. But I need a little more lift out of the hole. I have a 50hp Mercury 4 stroke it is slow out of the hole.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I used one on my Crestliner with a 135 Opti, until I had the money for a kicker. Is it as good as a kicker??? Definitely not. Would I put one on if I could not afford another kicker. Yep. If a kicker is not an option, this is what I would use again if I had to.

How slow can you troll with your 50??? You might have other options???

catmando
    wis

I put one on a 1660 pro v with a 60 merc tiller it gave me considerable more lift out of the hole… i liked it. just buy extra shear pins you will need them. try some drift socks or plastic pails if you want slower trolling speed.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Good point Catmando. Defineitly a few extra sets of shear pins.

CrappieChatt

I have one on my Alumacraft Bay Invader w/150 optimax. My speed was 3.2mph without one. Slowed me down to .9mph. The Opti will idle for a LONG time without fouling plugs. Most big hp engines WON’T. I also have givin up on the rope release. Just broke too many pins trying to get it to the up position. I do it manualy now. It will bring you up on plane quickly. I don’t pull cranks for crappies often enough to justify a kicker. <*)}}}><

walleye4
    On the Water

Am i going to have to come down there CHatt and show you how to catch crappies the easy way?

Speaking of coming down that way, going to be at the 15″ SLAB POND on Sunday, you ought to come join us man! Don’t worry about getting cold, we’ll have one Shanty with us and a heater.

will shoop

I can only seem to get down to 2.0 I would like to get down to around 1.0 for certain situations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.