Vikings-Bears Game

• VikeFan

My head tells me to go with Chicago today. They are playing at home, and their dominating defense should completely stifle the Vikings’ run attack. That will leave Minnesota’s offense at the mercy of Brad Johnson’s tired old arm and his offensive line that still hasn’t figured out how to pass-block.

On the other hand, the Vikings have a puncher’s chance as long as Rex Grossman is in the game. He almost gave the first meetiing to the Vikings, he did his best to lose to Arizona, and he wasted a fine performance by the Chicago defense against New England.

The Vikings were the first defense to show that Grossman can be pressured into chucking the ball up for grabs. Since then, most of the Bears’ opponents have had success forcing Grossman into lobbing a Favre-like interception or two. I am confident Grossman will give the Vikings some breaks today; I just don’t know if they will be enough to overcome Minnesota’s anemic offense, especially when that snoozer unit is playing against Chicago’s defense.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I am interested in seeing this game. I wanna see if the Vikes have any pride left. The Bears are obviously the better team but they are mistake prone which makes them vulnerable. I think the game could go either way the Vikes could mail it it and get pounded or they could play with a little heart and it will be a tight game.
    I am going to say Vikes 24 Bears 21.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

C’mon fellas, I understand cheering for your home team…but its outdoors, in the cold and snow. Not much chance the domed team from Minnesota can win.

On the other hand. I will be happy if the Pack can salvage 6 or 7 wins this season.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

The only chance the vikes got is grossman, its his to loose.
    Vikes rush defense will make the bears pass the ball. It will be a close game or a blow out, no inbetween. but either way I think the bears win.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Ya’ll know what I think.

jldii

Well, I just drank a large glass of my favorite flavored kool-aid and all I have to say is…..

GO VIKINGS

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Well, I just drank a large glass of my favorite flavored kool-aid and all I have to say is…..

GO VIKINGS

Have a great day Jack!!!!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

C’mon fellas, I understand cheering for your home team…but its outdoors, in the cold and snow. Not much chance the domed team from Minnesota can win.

On the other hand. I will be happy if the Pack can salvage 6 or 7 wins this season.

Anybody that knows anything about football knows that it becomes harder to pass the ball in the cold, wind, and snow of outdoor winter ball. Being able to run the ball and stop the opponent from doing so becomes very important. Luckily these things are what the Vikings currently excel at.

2Fishy4U

My hunch is the Vikes will win, about 17-10. I am a die-hard Packer Fan, but just have a feeling the Vikings will pull this one out.

Furthermore, they will contend for the playoffs, only to lose that opportunity on December 21st.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

My hunch is the Vikes will win, about 17-10. I am a die-hard Packer Fan, but just have a feeling the Vikings will pull this one out.

Furthermore, they will contend for the playoffs, only to lose that opportunity on December 21st.

Who do the Vikes play on Dec 21.

The border battle, throw out the stats and bloody some noses!!!!!!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

lots of interesting undertones to this game. the sharper/grossman thing, the williams/kruetz thing, Bears can clinch the NFC N with a win. Vikings still fighting for an outside chance of a wild card berth. it will be pretty physical. should be a great game to monitor during breaks of the Pack/Jets game.

birddog
    Mn.

Rex throws 2 straight pics! He makes some terrible decisions. Final score…3-0 vikes.

BIRDDOG

VikeFan

At halftime, this is a weird game in that either team could easily be up by fourteen points. It is also weird in that it has so far unfolded pretty much the way I thought it would. Grossman has had two stupid INTs that have cost his team some points, especially the first pick deep in Vikings territory.

Meanwhile, the Vikings have amassed three points that basically resulted from one long Chester Taylor run. Aside from that the Minnesota offense hasn’t done squat. The Bears defense and Vikings’ offensive ineptitude kept the Vikings from capitalizing on four (!) Bears turnovers in the first half.

At this point I think the Bears will pull it out in a game that will be just as ugly in the second half as it was in the first. The punt return for a TD should be all they need to win unless the Vikings run back Grossman’s next couple INTs for TDs. (That is a real possibility).

Oh, and are the Packers still improving?

VikeFan

Yup, it got ugly in the second half alright. With a minute to go in the third quarter, this game is over. Great job “managing the game” by Brad Johnson. I wonder if he is still looking for that raise?

The worst part is the Vikings were having some success running the ball, and had a real shot at winning this game. But, Johnson threw not one but two INTs that would make Jake Plummer and Rex Grossman blush with shame, and that was all she wrote. (Johnson’s first INT in the second half was due to Dugan doing a very good Troy Williamson imitation.) Now Bollinger is in there to soak up the blitz and take a few sacks.

The only question now is whether Tarvaris Jackson is ready to take over right away next season. Bollinger is no more than a place-holder, and Brad Johnson’s career is pretty obviously done.

As for the Bears, defense and special teams are enough to beat teams with horrible offenses like the Vikings. Simply counting on the defense and special teams to score all your points (oh, and there is a safety) won’t get them to the Super Bowl when they have to play good teams in the playoffs. Chicago’s QB play has to improve significantly for them to be considered a shoo-in for the the Super Bowl.

Brian Hoffies

Stick a fork in ’em, they are done.

honda75
    Iowa

after this game i think the bears should take grossman and set him on the bench and minn. should do the same with johnson. Wow did they both look pathetic today. Thanks to the bears defense and special teams they made it work. Wow did the bears defense dominate today. They need to put in Brian Greise and set grossman if they want to go further in the post season. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

The Bears performance today won’t get them out of the first round unless they have a bye. That was absolutely ugly for both teams. The Vikes have got to have set a record in most futile yardage in a season. Bollinger didn’t look to bad, however.

dd

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I think the Vikes and Pack have finally become the measuring stick for bad teams to measure themselves against. “we stink, but we’re not as bad as the ______?

Insert Packers or Vikings above.

I will say one thing however. If the Bears think they are going any farther than one game in the playoffs they are sorely mistaken.

honda75
    Iowa

If they can win the rest of the regular season games they will get a first round bye and if they set grossman and put in greise they will have a chance their defense is still AWESOME.

drewsdad, you are correct bollinger did look alright of course until he got laid out.

Brian Hoffies

Before you Bears fans get buying Super Bowl tickets lets take a look at this defense you are talking about.

These stats are not official, I just grabbed them off the Viking web site.

Passing yards 177
    Running yards 187

Total yards 364

The AWESOME Bears defense gave these yards up to a team who’s starting quarterback had a 10 quarterback rating before being pulled. The second string quarterback threw for 75 yards before being knocked out of the game. The third string quarterback had 13 passing yards.

Very impressive!

Now, for your offense………….

Bears had 23 total points
    6 on a punt return touchdown
    6 on a pass interception return for touchdown
    6 on a offensive touchdown
    5 on extra points and field goals

All this against a pass defense rated about 28th in the NFL.

The Bears have along ways to go. fortunately the Vikings, Packers, Lions have even farther to go.

Are the Bears the best in the NFC North? You bet they are.

Are they a top team in the NFC? Not even close.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, it gives us something to talk about for a few more weeks.

honda75
    Iowa

Quote:

Before you Bears fans get buying Super Bowl tickets lets take a look at this defense you are talking about.

These stats are not official, I just grabbed them off the Viking web site.

Passing yards 177
    Running yards 187

Total yards 364

The AWESOME Bears defense gave these yards up to a team who’s starting quarterback had a 10 quarterback rating before being pulled. The second string quarterback threw for 75 yards before being knocked out of the game. The third string quarterback had 13 passing yards.

Very impressive!

Now, for your offense………….

Bears had 23 total points
    6 on a punt return touchdown
    6 on a pass interception return for touchdown
    6 on a offensive touchdown
    5 on extra points and field goals

All this against a pass defense rated about 28th in the NFL.

The Bears have along ways to go. fortunately the Vikings, Packers, Lions have even farther to go.

Are the Bears the best in the NFC North? You bet they are.

Are they a top team in the NFC? Not even close.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, it gives us something to talk about for a few more weeks.

not to start an up roar like you are but you better go back and read the previous posts. We never said anything about the bears offense being good. Grossman SUCKS just like BRAD JOHNSON. The bears defense won the game. Boy some people.

VikeFan

Quote:

I think the Vikes and Pack have finally become the measuring stick for bad teams to measure themselves against. “we stink, but we’re not as bad as the ______?
    Insert Packers or Vikings above.
    I will say one thing however. If the Bears think they are going any farther than one game in the playoffs they are sorely mistaken.

Not that the Vikings or Packers are actually good teams this year (they aren’t), but they are not the yardstick other teams use to feel better about themselves. Those would be the Cardinals, Lions, Browns, and Raiders. I for one would not trade franchises with any of those teams this year. Oakland at least has a glorious past, but Detroit, Cleveland, and Arizona’s histories make Minnesota’s past seasons look good.

2Fishy4U

lots of interesting undertones to this game. the sharper/grossman thing, the williams/kruetz thing, Bears can clinch the NFC N with a win. Vikings still fighting for an outside chance of a wild card berth. it will be pretty physical. should be a great game to monitor during breaks of the Pack/Jets game.

An early break for us Packer Fans on Sunday with a 31-0 score at the half. The Pack could use a few more quality players, but their coaching staff, especially McCarthy and his defensive caoches are horrible.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.