A lucky bum says Thanks!

• emover
    Malcom, IA

In October I was lucky enouhg to win in the IDA prize giveaway, and selected the $100. gift certificate to Evert’s Resort. After checking with Dean for availability, I selected Nov 14-16th and informed my wife. LuAnn was certain we would freeze, but being a good sport she agreed to go. On Tuesday we headed north. Since LuAnn normally works until midnight, getting an early start is tough, but she was up at 7 and we arrived at Evert’s by 3pm. She insisted we get unpacked and go out fishing (what a trooper ) As you can see by the pic of the dam it was a bit late in the day, but she managed to get first blood with a nice sauger. We are both fairly new to river fishing, but Dean was the perfect host. He had the coffee hot, and the latest info and tackle we needed. Our cabin was very comfortable. We managed to fish 5-6 hours both Wednesday and Thursday, and even a couple of hours before we packed up Friday morning. It was a pleasure to get to chat with friends like Dustin and Vandy, see a familiar chocolate lab(man has he grown), and BS with BrianK. LuAnn hadn’t met Brian before, and she showed great restraint when he was begging for dirt, so he could use it to humiliate me (I know why I love her )

If you have the chance, with the weather looking great this week, the bite being hot, and the hospitality and service at Evert’s always being great, I would highly recommend a trip to pool 4!

dave

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

That’s great to hear you guys got up there, I’m hoping to meet some members this winter on the ice. Heck I only live about 15 miles from you and haven’t met you yet, but feel like I know you from the radio, maybe we could wet a line some time.

Ed

emover
    Malcom, IA

LuAnn’s first sauger

emover
    Malcom, IA

I was told I spent most of my time changing jigs I wasn’t the only one who got snagged

emover
    Malcom, IA

I did catch a couple of decent saugers

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I didn’t get a chance to say “Hi” the other night Dave. But that boat sure looked familiar!
    So Hi!

emover
    Malcom, IA

we kept enough for a nice fish fry and a few to take home

emover
    Malcom, IA

all too soon we had to pack up to leave

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Boy! You can almost smell those fish and taters!

emover
    Malcom, IA

LuAnn said it’d be awhile before we could come back to play again at least several months until the weather was warmer

Evert’s

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ed,
    I’d certainly enjoy that. Let me know when you have some free time, as my schedule fairly open these days

Tuck,
    Sorry I missed you, would’ve loved meet you, and to pick your brain on dragging jigs. You’re right, that boat probably knows you much better than it does me, but I surely enjoy it, tell Bob it’s still in good hands

dave

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

That boat was lucky to have two awesome owners!
    She still looks great!
    We will have to hook up when you come up next.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Dave,
    Congrats to you and your wife, nice trip, and good pics.
    Early to mid-March is the time you don’t want to miss. Mild-temps on weekends does get crowded and is easy to avoid, but mid-week is not as crowded, and the fish can snap.

Jack..

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Dean is a class act, no doubt. He is what makes Everts such a wonderful place for all of us.

Glad you had a good time Dave. I look forward to seeing you at the next get-together.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats it sounds like you and the wife had a great time. Man does that Tater and Fish picturee get any better??? My mouth is watering just looking at it. Glad to hear you had a good trip Dave!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dave, if I would have known you were haveing a fish fry I would have invited myself in!

Fish and dirt on Dave…

Nice to meet you LuAnn…we’ll have to spend some quality time together next time your up!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

That boat is very familiar. It wasn’t by chance home waters on Mille lacs?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

That boat is very familiar. It wasn’t by chance home waters on Mille lacs?

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Dave,

That fish fry looks darn good. Making me hungry looking at that picture.
    Glad you had a good time! Everet’s is a great place to be.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Looks like an awesome trip dave! Great pictures!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Hey, it sounds like you two had a great time. That is awesome!!!! I bet it won’t be your last trip to Evert’s and pool #4, will it???

emover
    Malcom, IA

Lenny you are so right, we’ll definitely be back, as Pool 4 is a fabulous fishery. I kinda got that message this year at the GTG, when a bum like me catches fish it has to be good.

One thing I forgot to mention was on the way home, we stopped N of Rochester, to visit with Mike Smith at Hooked on Fishing. It’s always fun to talk with Mike, and what a fabulous selection he has of anything and everything fishing This is a must stop if you’re on hiway 63 heading to the river from Rochester!

Doug, you and Tuck probably know, but that boat sings to me ocassionally in it’s best Marcie Blaine voice “I used to be Bobber’s boat, I used to be Bobber’s boat…” It keeps me on my toes to take special care of her, speaking of it’s time to get the shop vac out, and the wax, after last week.

What a week,

dave

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Dave,

I wished I would have known you where heading up this way, I would have came down there to visit with you and show BrianK how to make new stink bait with his bullheads and a tin of copenhagen. well I am glad that you and the little mrs. had a blast out fishing. hope to see you up again for the GTG this coming year, I will be down there with the new Sloppy Jalope II.

shane

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.