Bass Pro Shop at Mall of America

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I would welcome a BPS but there is no business in existence that could temp a return to the MOA.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Now here is a post with some long life. Started in Sept. 2006 and still going in Aug. 2016. If you ask me the Vikings will win a Super bowl before we ever see that Bass Pro shop here in Minnesota

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Guess I’ll have to be satisfied with stopping at the Portage Indiana Bass Pro on my semi-annual trips to my daughter and her family in Portage, Michigan.

IMO, there is so much land ripe for development or redevelopment within an arms throw of the Mall of America or along the I-494 strip, able to hold the same level of traffic, yet without the property tax and space implications of being at the MOA!

Maybe the Vikings Facility on I-494 & 169, they’ll be moving leaving the space open. Great access and competition for Gander Mountain.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

I haven’t been on the sight in many months, but was surprised when this post of mine from 10 years ago is still getting some action!?

basseyes

There’s certain things I like about both. Would be great to have some competition, instead of just one giant conglomerate.

FryDog62

X2 we need more competition not less…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hard to believe it was 10 years ago that this thread started… seemed like it was only about 3 or 4… crazy

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There’s certain things I like about both. Would be great to have some competition, instead of just one giant conglomerate.

Well if BPS swallows ‘bellas, you won’t have any more competition than if BPS built their own stand alone amusement park. The acquired Cabella stores will be mostly the same but with BPS stuff. Inevitability Gander will be sold and then everything will be the same. Like Delta airlines…’bout the only flight out of MSP to anywhere and when you get there…guess what? Where can Delta fly you to next?
    I’ve committed myself for the most part to the little independents. Reeds, Tutts in Garrison, Portside in Isle, Thorne Bros., other local types. No big show, but I get my fill of that at the sport shows and various expos.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I fell in love with Runnings this weekend… MUCK neoprene Camo boots… $66 waytogo

Bass_attack

Gander problably craps themselves at the thought of a bps in mn coffee

CaptainMusky

Competition is great but someone always does certain things better. Based on my one experience I would say bass pro is better at being a destination while the cabelas I have been to are better for shopping. Its likely the result of being the flagship store for bass pro at least for the one I visited. Cabelas certainly does camping better than bass pro. They have their own line of many products too that are usually high quality.
    IF bass pro buys out cabelas it would kill gander imo. Bass pro has no market up here and they would gain 100 plus stores or so in markets they don’t touch with stores.

catnip
    south metro

I wish bass pro would buy out gander mountin, now those are some worthless stores.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.