Sleep Issues

• carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I do want to clarify something. I do have sleep apnea and it is severe. I use a cpap everynight that I sleep and am very very used to it. The cpap does the job it is supposed to as far as keeping me breathing and allowing me to sleep. The real problem I have is increased brain activity. When I go to bed, my mind starts racing, I think about things that are so ridiculous and trivial that you would think I was crazy….and maybe I am! I can get a song stuck in my head and it keeps repeating over and over and over, or a days event, or a fish that I caught or missed. I have even had projects in my head that I had to write down so I wouldnt forget. I started some samples of Ambien CR the last few nights and it has helped a little. I got 5 hours the first night I took it and 6 hours the next night. Unfortunately it is still broken sleep. I have signed up for a yoga class this fall to both stretch better and learn some relaxation techniques. I am thankful that this post is opening others eyes to apnea and I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas. Hope to read more.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Quick update – preliminary tests indicate beginning stages of Parkinsons. Seritonin levels are low so I was prescribed a drug called carbidopa/levadopa. Also scheduled another sleep study – earliest appointment available is 3 months away, funny huh?

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I work nights and sleeping during the day sucks. Trazadone is supposed to be good. I was presribed it and the darn stuff made me sick.

But my sleep problems are more situational. When I am off work I sleep pretty decent at night. I hope you get the help you need Lou!

dd

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.