honda outboards

• bj451
    saint michael minn

I have a honda 30hp I picked up few months ago it trolls to fast if I idle it down to go slower it kills I put regular unleaded in it. My options I was debating were super unleaded or sea foam, or trying a different prop or super unleaded and seafoam or have a tech look at it or troll plate on the motor? It trolls at about 2.5-2.8 I’m looking for around 1.8 any advice from anyone who knows hondas would be appreciated I have always ran 2 strokes and trolled 1.8.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT I HAVE A 2004 HONDA 30HP ON MY LITTLE RIVER BOAT AND IT TROLLS DOWN NICE…BEFORE ID BRING IT IN ID TRY THE SEAFOAM THOUGH…I RUN REGULAR UNLEADED IN MINE BUT DO PUT SEAFOAM IN ABOUT EVERY 5 TO 6 TANKS…GOOD LUCK

honda75
    Iowa

my dad has a 75 honda and we idled it down and that worked ok but i am going to buy him a trolling plate and that will fix the problem for sure.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

My 25hp honda will get me to just under 2mph on a 16′ jon boat. A drift sock or dropping the front trolling motor should take care of the rest of the needs.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

One has to remember that four strokes will not troll as slow as two strokes. The reason being is they need more RPM to keep oil pressure. Drift sock or five gallon pail time.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

You should be able to troll a 30 hp 4 stroke closer to 2 mph.

Try Sea Foam.

krisko
    Durand, WI

My 75hp Yamaha will troll down to 2.1 and it does it very smooth. You should try some Sea Foam…something doesn’t seem right there.

bj451
    saint michael minn

thanks guys gonna try the sea foam I really like the 5 gallon pale idea doesnt get in the way so much as a sock very good tip!! gonna use it!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.