Austin gill mount

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Here is a pic of my middle boy Austins bluegill mount.It is a replica mount.The gill was a true 10″ fish.Cade wanted to hold the mount for the pic.

Ryan Hale

MrTwister
    Dubuque, Iowa

That is a nice looking replica.

Who made it? Impressive fish (and kid to boot)

Mr Twister

MrTwister
    Dubuque, Iowa

PS – I had my son’s 10 1/4 inch bluegill mounted.
    (in the pic to the left)
    And it was done poorly . That’s why I ask.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Artistic Anglers out of MN.The mount looks very neat when you move it around and you see all the neat colors.You might have to get that young one of yours a replica also-only way to go in my eyes.
    Ryan Hale

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet. I love gills. I have one that looks similar but is only 9.5 The next one I catch 10 or better goes on wall.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Its bigger than his head.. Nice fish

big_g
    Isle, MN

Replica ??? Bet it was tasty !!! Good job

big g

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Nice fish and replica. I have a replica perch I got 2 years ago, I would agree the replicas are the best way to go.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

never had a replica but that fish is GEORGEOUS! Wow awesome mount..and fish!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

nice fish ! how much does a 10 inch gill weigh?

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

looks great! congrats! when and where was this bull gill caught? how long does it take to have a replica made?

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Congrats Austin That is a great looking replica. I think I might be contacting Artistic Anglers to get a quote for my 22.5″ smallie. Love2Fish.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

The turn around on mounts is about 6-7 months from Artistic Anglers.Replica mounts can be a bit costly but they look great forever.
    As far as weight on a 10″ gill.They really start to add weight when they get to this size.Won’t get much longer but will get as big as a “paper plate”.A 10″ gill should be a pound fish easy.
    My youngest boy Cade caught 3 of the biggest gills I’ve ever seen come out of Spirit Lake this summer.2 of them were just over the 10″ mark and had the girth to go along with it.Here is a pic of one of them.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.