Problems – ETec

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

I guess I don’t agree. I feel the “ford” dealership should put me in line and fix my repair when it’s my turn.

But when you think about it, it really isn’t a “ford” dealership. It is a Ford, Chev, Dodge dealer…..along with Honda, Toyota, and Kia………

The dealer sells everything for motors and is not owned by Evinrude. A ford dealer is primarily owned by ford….or atleast runs under the license.

A marine dealer sells Evinrude, Merc, Honda isn’t really “obligated” to give priority service to someone who didn’t purchase from them.

This would similar to blaming the Ford Dealer in St. Paul for not giving “immediate” service for a broken JVC sterio installed by the Minneapolis Dealer.

I fully mis-understood earlier in this post. I thought the E-Tec was being returned to the place of purchase.

In my opinion, I can’t justify demanding “stop what you are doing and take care of me” service from a dealer you didn’t purchase from. A good dealer may indeed do this, but I do not feel they are obligated.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Scott, you had the word I was looking for….Preferred.
    Kooty, I know what you are saying about car dealerships. Car dealerships and marine dealers seem to be very different in some ways still. It seems once a relationship is made at a marine dealership it can be leaps and bounds ahead of the average price shoppers relationship or lack of.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Why is it Holst can come on here and say exactly what I’m thinking, without even talking to me. That is the reason he is THE grand puba!!!!

E/Scott, I completely agree the value in a good relationship, well it’s invalueable in the time of need. And to think, this is my 3rd or 4th post and I have yet to bash the Etec. Must be coming down with something….

scottsteil
    Central MN

As James stated, the real issue goes back to the dealership. That is where the “Customer Service” ball got dropped. I don’t see this as a BRP issue, as they would love every engine that comes off the line to be perfect. But motor, electronics, whatever it is..it happens.

I would just chock this up to you found a dealership you will never buy another motor from. In the end I believe you will be VERY happy with that ETEC. Everyone else I talk to seems to be. Best of luck with your new boat & motor

2Fishy4U

A few notes and I will get off this subject.

The first local dealer (Mueller) promised he would look at the motor by Tuesday. When Friday rolled around he still hadn’t taken a look. Prior to the new rig, my son had purchased two new boats/motors from them.

The second dealer (Cedar Lake) told him to forget it and take it back to where he bought it. Ironically they almost hired 2Catch1 and have dealt with him for fifteen years. I am his father and have purchased two new rigs from Cedar Lake, the last in April of this year.

My tendancy when it comes to trucks ad boats is to deal with businesses you can trust and those who offer excellent service. Smitty’s is probably a good example, the above-mentioned are not.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I agree with James and Kooty…Maybe they said it better.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.