6 of one …or flip a coin

• emover
    Malcom, IA

I need your thoughts please. I am thinking of a week (give or take) vacation for the wife and I in mid to late September. I’m thinking maybe Pool 4, Mille Lacs, Winne, LOTW. I guess I am multi species but not really into Muskie or Cat. Where would you go in MN and why? Thanks.

dave

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Multi species? Mille Lacs- walleye, smallies, Muskies and pike. Pool 4, walleye, smallies, cats, eel, sheepies, white bass, largies, sunnies, mud puppies, musk rats, and probably even a pike.
    Winnie-walleye.
    LOTW- See Mille Lacs.

I guess it comes down to the type of lodging you want. Evert’s is probably out due to Brian K selling everything out while Dean was gone. (Although you will not find a better place on the River in my opinion. )
    Mille Lacs has a myriad of places to stay at varying prices.
    There are guides that handle all the bodies of water you mentioned should the need arise.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dave, if you are interested in staying at Evert’s, you really need to get ahold of me today or tomorrow!

As of Saturday night, I’m being dethonged…er de throned.

I’ll just tell Dean I didn’t know any better.

I know the bite is good on Mille Lac’s and Hunters Point/George and crew are awesome.

Lake of the Woods has there IDA member discount going on. Don’t need to pull your boat up if you don’t want too. It’s a beautifull area.. with all types of creature comforts.

Can you tell I lean towards IDA sponsors?? But that’s because I’ve been there and experiance them first hand.

..and what are you talking about…you don’t want to fish for REAL FISH!

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I would pick Lake of the Woods at this time. I know Mille Lacs has had an awesome year so far, but it has slowed a little in the middle of summer with this heat. Not having to bring your own boat and to catch that many walleyes and saugers from 20 plus feet down is fun!! (Wigwam)

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Late September. Gotta go Mille Lacs. I would enquire about LOTW with Wig-Wam. Otherwise, I would consider staying up in the “Big Narrows” region. But truth be told, you can catch the same quality and quantity of fish right here in the US, without going to Canada.

Come late September, I really don’t think you can go wrong at Mille Lacs. Not only is there good fishing, but you also have plenty of places for entertainment too for the Mrs if she gets bored in the boat!

With all the Mille Lacs “gurus” here, I’m sure you will get all the information you could dream of for where to go and what to do!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks for the input guys. now if I can just convince the wife to commit

Brian

Quote:

As of Saturday night, I’m being dethonged…er de throned.

ish

dave

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’d go to vermillion personally, everyone I’ve talked to said the views are stunning up there. Fishing sounds good too.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mid to late September is one of the toughest times of year on Pool 4. Wait until mid-october to give Dean a visit at Everts. For that time of year Mille Lacs can be OK during the day for walleyes and smallies. I’d opt for a trip to Winnie or LOTW if this was my trip.

emover
    Malcom, IA

thanks for the thoughts

James,
    If I could fish like you, it wouldn’t matter where we went

hopefully a decision will be reached soon.

dave

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mid to late Sept the colors will be nice further north.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.