Gathering of the Orange

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Those of you in the Hastings area may have seen some orange roll through town this week. I was going to be part of that except another family wedding interfered. Here is a pic of “Kind Edward” going through its paces at the Orange Spectacular parade in Hutchinson last weekend. That tractor came from the factory at about 55 hp but when it hooked up to the sled at a tractor pull, it was cranking out about 135 horse. It was retired from pulling in 1981 but after watching the tractor pull in Hutch, the blood got heated up again. King Edward and I may both have to come out of retirement next year.
    Just wondering if there were any other tractor and tractor pulling enthusiasts on this diverse site.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

and here I thought they called you “PUTz” ’cause you were slow.

Nice piece of orange there…how big of a plow can it pull at 135 horse?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

F-150’s can pull 7,000 lb tractors too.

Don’t know about plow size, Brian. After that tractor won the state championship in 1976, it was delegated to light farm work at a lower horse power and pulling in meets.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Hey Putz nice looking AC. My dad and I have a good friend who lives in Clarks Grove that used to be heavy into collecting and restoring old AC tractors. At one point he had quite a collection. He’s up there in age now and has sold off most of them.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The farmer that works on my trucks builds racing tractors. Pretty fancy stuff he is working on. Looks like he builds them from the ground up. Looks like a fun past time Putz.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

ummm Putz? Have you ever seen Deans John Deere tractor?

Do you think your Allis will pull something like a Deere out of 12 to 15 fow??

Not saying anything like that happened…just wondering.

Man, I haven’t used a clutch in a while. Back later, getting into some dry cloths.

emover
    Malcom, IA

I don’t care who ya are, that there is funny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.