F-150 Extended Warranty

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

My 2004 F-150 now has 33,000 miles and it is time to decide whether or not to extend the warranty. Anybody have some experience/input on this?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Pm sent

nick
    Lakeville, MN

My f150, I drivign from day one like a maniac, I drive hard full, the truck know what pedal to the floor means, I towed my boat countless times and miles with it, may have done a couple smoky burn outs, but the truck has never left me stranded. To date I’ve had a coil pack and I just replaced the stock alternator on Sat, with 119K on the clock, and other than lots of brake pads, oil changes and gas, then truck has never needed another thing. For me I would not buy the warranty. My truck is a ’01 with the 5.4. I drive her much nicer in her age, and I sent her off to work duty with the wife, she still runs and starts as good as she did the day I rolled her off the lot with 3.2 miles on the odo.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Sell it and buy a Chevy….. I had one on a 96 Blazer back in the day and burnt out a tranny and the cost for repair was more then the warranty I bought , so for me it payed off. It is like do I bet black or red 50/50 it may pay off it may not. no one can tell the future but with a ford you can bet you will be spending some money down the road.

luckydog2
    The Villages Florida

I am on my 3rd F150. Drive like the devil is after me. Usually drive about 200,000 – 250,000 miles before trading up. Worst problem I’ve had is a new radiator in the ’85, and a alternator in the ’95. Now have about 87,000 on my ’02 and no problems yet. It is a roll of the dice if you don’t do PMs on them. Change the oil and have them looked at every so often and they will treat you right. B.T.W. I also tow many miles per year, probably 6-7000.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I believe there are some options out there for warranties you can sell back at the end if you didn’t use them, I’m nto sure how much you can get back, but if you really want one thats the route I’d go, say something big like a tranny comes up, then you’re covered, but say something small like a starter or an alternator comes up, then you could chose to pay out of your pocket and sell the warranty back, there are lots of warranty options out there.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

If you haven’t had much of a problem til now, don’t bother. Save your money.

lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

Another thing you might want to do is before the warranty runs out have the oil change at a ford dealer and have an inspection done. The mechanic might find something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.