Papa’s Truck, Nama’s Boat

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

After both working for 30+ years, my wife and I decided to take the plunge. The BOP (Boss of Putz) picked out this 1700 Lund Explorer Sport with a 115 Yamaha as our new POC (piece o’ cake) boat. It has always been our dream to have a matching set of wheels and now we have it. We took the boat to Mille Lacs for 3 days last week and it performed well. 42 mph and handled waves. Fishing report in the Mille Lacs forum. Now, what to do with the original poc (piece o’ crap) boat?

Not trying to brag here as many of you have nicer rigs than this, but just a note of encouragement to the young pups out there who may be struggling financially as we did in the early years. Keep on trucking, put a little money away every chance you get, and some day you can achieve your dream.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

GJTP……..”Great Job Team Putz”

Usually the new fancy rigs don’t catch as many fish as the POC “piece of crap” boats but maybe you can disprove that theory.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

VERY nice set up Putz. Now go fishin.
    Thanks, Bill

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Beauty ride Putz and BoP!!! Congrats!!!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

So now when I call and ask you to go fishing, You can not tell me that you are working on the POC.

Looks good, I am sure that it looks even better driving to the lake.

Ron

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Brag all you want-You both EARNED the right to show this outfit off Nice looking boat and truck

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Very nice! BOP will like the full windshield! Did you get a top with that?

You will have many enjoyable years out of that rig!
    Congrats to you both!
    Tuck

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Actually in the Explorer, the only top available is one of those bimini (?) tops which is no better than an umbrella. Besides, I don’t need the crap you get for using yours.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I can take it! Sure beats leaky jockey shorts!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I can’t believe it!!

I wasn’t invited to the christening ceramony???

For those of you that aren’t aware…this is where a boat is backed into the water, on the trailor and Boss Of Putz takes a bottle of champange…sets it off to the side…picks up some raw lutefisk…slaps Putz across the face with it…as he’s launching the POC…then relaxingly sips the Champange while Putz is motoring around Mille Lacs.

Nice Ride Putski’s!

emover
    Malcom, IA

You two should be very proud!
    That’s a sweet looking outfit
    Good work, Putz and BOP

dave

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Very sweet lookin’ rig Putz

krisko
    Durand, WI

NICE OUTFIT PUTZ!!!! You and mama should be proud

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

That looks like a heck of a boat, Congrats. I have always said a guy can have whatever he wants, it is just a matter of where you put your money, and it sounds like you did a good job.

I bet you could have had it sooner, had you not spent so much money on lutey, maybe you could have had it a little sooner

Snowsnake
    Hutchinson, MN

What you need now is some nice northern slime all over the floor to make it more homey like the old POC. We can take care of that for you up here at Leech.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Nice! A matching full rig is always sharp!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

How many rings of blood sausage and pounds of Lutey does that compare to?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Quite a few, Sarge. I haven’t mentioned bringing out the lutey bait in her boat yet.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

You will turn some heads going down the road. Remember, it is not the size of the ride but rather the way you use it!!! I know a lot of guys with bigger boats that are not near as proud of their set-ups as you are of your and that is a sign of great character on your part!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.