Vikes Dump Foley

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

They should have fired the guy that hired him. You could tell he was a Richard Cranium from the get go. Thanks for screwing up another draft, Vikes.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

They should just trade all thier picks every year for free agents. Ya cant screw that up.

We’ve had too many good chances only to be wasted. Atleast they didnt fall asleep with the clock again.

The papers are saying they dumped him due to his resume. BS! He was 100% responsible for the draft.. But I’m glad Wilf doesnt sit on his hands.

jldii

I’m not so upset with the draft picks we made.

We filled our immediate needs at LB and depth in the secondary. We got a player for developement on the O line that is a beast at 6’7″ and over 320 lbs. The QB was graded as the 4th best available in the draft and the other 3 were already gone, plus they would have cost us too many picks if we were to try to trade up. We got a starting G with the trade of a 6th round pick. All together I say our draft grades out at about a B-, maybe B.

You can’t be so sure about what these players are going to become in the future. I remember a few years ago we signed a guy that wasn’t even drafted, and he became an All-Pro DT…..John Randle!!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

After the first couple of picks it was ridiculous to say the least.

jldii

Says who?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Nfl.com
    espn
    USA Today
    KFan
    SI

jldii

We drafted players for use today, and we drafted players to develope for use down the road. The team picked players they thought would be coachable and possessed the abilities they wanted for their system. Scott Studwell is without arguement one of the best college scouts in the league, and he helped rate these players, so I’ll take his opinion over any of these so called “experts”. Keep something in mind while you urine and moan about the job our team did. We have a new coach who was considered the best coaching candidate available in the entire league, and he has assembled a coaching staff that is almost entirely young, college level coaches with some NFL experience. The players they are drafting are young talent which is EXACTLY what all these coaches are most experienced in recognizing, developing, and working with. It will take more than a year to see what we have for a team. I’d say about 3 years from now is when we can start to form some educated opinions.

Here is a breakdown of how these so called “experts” graded our draft.

CBSSportsline.com’s
    Pete Prisco………….B+

ESPN.com’s
    Mel Kiper Jr…………C+

SI.com’s
    Paul Zimmerman……….C+

ESPN.com’s
    SportsNation…………B

SportingNews.com’s
    Dan Pompei…………..C

Yahoo.com’s
    Charles Robinson……..C

Do you know what the definition of an “Expert” is?

An “EX” is a has been — and a “Spurt” is a big drip under pressure!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

That’s about a right, I like are first couple of picks A- and then the unneccasary picks to follow D- make it a C draft.

Can’t wait for our 6’7″ Center to play… ….maybe we can move him tight end….

jldii

I’m thinking with his size and long arms, they’re thinking RT for him.

I know a guy who is a grad asst. coaching D line at Utah and they played this guy every year. They said without a doubt, Cook was always their biggest concern when they were putting their game plans together. He is a total monster, and I’m told he has a very mean temper.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I hope they are right about him….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.